Error #2002 - The server is not responding (or local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Posted by: sueli (177.114.128.---)
Date: January 21, 2012 02:26PM

Hello, I installed Wamp and when I run phpMySql did not work and showed the following error message:
# 2002 - The server is not responding (or local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
I do not know how to proceed, you guys can help me?

olá, instalei o Wamp e quando fui rodar o phpMySql, não funcionou e apresentou a seguinte mensagem de erro:
#2002 - O servidor não está respondendo (ou o soquete do servidor MySQL local não está configurado corretamente)
não sei como proceder, vcs podem me ajudar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error #2002 - The server is not responding (or local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Posted by: hardtaro (---.dhcp.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: January 21, 2012 03:16PM

Alrighty, got that message earlier and 5 hours later here i am to tell you no worries smiling smiley

I went through a lot of trouble and research to fix it, so there's a number of things that might be the problem. But i'll just give you the one i think it is. And if it doesn't work i'll try another one

Here goes:

1. Make sure you dont have any left over my.ini files.
START > search for "my.ini"

If you find a my.ini in the "c:\system32\" folder then rename it to "my2.ini" just so mysql will overlook it and look for your new my.ini. (don't delete it just in case we need it)

2. open "c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.4.5\config.inc.php" -- Your config file should look something like this:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3306';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '/tmp/mysql.sock';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '<yourpasswordhere>'; // enter your password here
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

3. go to "C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.16\my.ini" --> Verify that the port and socket location are the same as ABOVE. It should look like this

[client]
#password = your_password
port = 3306
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

4. restart wamp server

let me know if this works if i don't log in here for a while just email me (mfalmog at gmail dot com)

Re: Error #2002 - The server is not responding (or local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Posted by: sueli (177.62.252.---)
Date: January 21, 2012 05:59PM

hi, hardtaro, thanks,
did as directed and continues with the same message error;
my file "C: \ wamp \ bin \ mysql \ mysql5.5.16 \ my.ini" this:

[client]
# password = your_password
port = 3306
socket = / tmp / mysql.sock

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[wampmysqld]
port = 3306
socket = / tmp / mysql.sock
key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 64
sort_buffer_size = 512K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M
basedir = c: / wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.16
log-error = c: / wamp / logs / mysql.log
datadir = c: / wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.5.16/data

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 21, 2012 06:01PM

can i take a look with teamviewer?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: sueli (177.62.252.---)
Date: January 21, 2012 06:18PM

hi, steve, but how?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 21, 2012 06:48PM

downlaod teamviewr and PM me the login details

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: sueli (177.24.182.---)
Date: January 23, 2012 12:54PM

Hello, I need help, my system is Windows 7 32bit, uninstalled all programs relating to: PHP, MySQL, MySQL Workbench, reinstalled Wamp, redid the whole process again several times and nothing, tried with Xampp and the same error; change the port from the socket, and nothing, i didn't know what to do.

Posted by: sueli (177.24.182.---)
Date: January 23, 2012 01:04PM

see, while I was working with Wamp and PHP, everything was in order, but when I try to open PhpMyAdmin, did not work and showed the error message #2002

Posted by: sueli (177.76.52.---)
Date: January 23, 2012 10:23PM

hellow!! finaly!! disabled my firewall and it worked, thanks everyone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.