Starting an E-Commerce project
Posted by: ashish_7_12 (---.14.97.14.tataidc.co.in)
Date: January 15, 2012 02:49PM

Hello Sir/Ma'am
I have 2-3 month project experience on ASP.net. OS on my system: Windows Vista 32 bit
I want to develop the website on WAMP. Is it possible that I can transfer the website to Linux based server, without any major problem

and

What can be the best possible option to develop an E-Commerce website for less experience programmers? on the above mentioned system.

Thank You

Re: Starting an E-Commerce project
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2012 02:29AM

Is it possible that I can transfer the website to Linux based server, without any major problem
Yes and No. Yes, if your site mostly contain basic functions. No, if your site might contain some special functions which only work on LAMP, but not on WAMP and vice versus

What can be the best possible option to develop an E-Commerce website for less experience programmers?
It's depends on how you want to develop it. If you're experienced coder, you might want to build it from scratch to taylor your need; however, some people find it easier to use Drupal or Joomla and install commerce add-on while some others just use some commerce scripts such as osCommerce

In Joomla folder, open file joomla.sql and find
TYPE=MyISAM
Replace w/
ENGINE=MyISAM
To setup Joomla on Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Drupal on Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup osCommerce on Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

I have 2-3 month project experience on ASP.net.
To setup ASP.net on Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.