APC enabled in WAMP PHP
Posted by: webdevbyskc (121.54.2.---)
Date: January 02, 2012 08:17AM

I am working with Drupal 7 in my WAMP environment. I get an error message saying that APC is not installed and is recommended. I went to PHP.Net and downloaded the instructions and files to install APC but it refers to an installation of PHP at the root (C:\). Is there a tutorial or other instruction available to install APC under WAMP? I think I can use the instructions I have with just changing the file locations to that under WAMP. However I don't want to mess up my WAMP installation. I am somewhat of a n00b in this area so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: APC enabled in WAMP PHP
Posted by: tomkraw1 (---.icpnet.pl)
Date: January 03, 2012 07:31PM

You can change extensions location by editing php.ini. You just have copy apc.dll to the "extension_dir" directory and start wampmanager.exe. Then you have to select apc on the extensions list. See manual on the php.net site. Nothing more is necesairy.

See my site If you have problem with apce you've downloaded.

cheers!

regards
tk1
[dev.freshsite.pl]

Posted by: Gyro (---.9-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 19, 2012 03:09PM

Hi tkl, I have wampserver2.2c 64bit, so which version of the apc.dll should I use?

I've looked at your site but cant see anything relating to 64bit

Many thanks

Date: March 19, 2012 05:27PM

Hi Gyro!

I didn't compile any x64 extension because there is no official release of PHP in x64 version. In my opinion it is too early to switch to x64.

A few days ago I compiled first extensions for PHP 5.4, but someone reported that APC for 5.4 crashes in some circumstances. So I'm waiting for new stable APC release.

regards
tk1
[dev.freshsite.pl]

Posted by: Gyro (---.9-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 20, 2012 02:35PM

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that wampserver2.2c 64 does not use php in 64bit?

If this is the case (cant see anything on their website about it, although the snapshot.txt file seems to mention a lot of 32bit dlls) , which apc.dll is best (my php version is 5.3.9)?

I have tried both;
- APC 3.1.9 for PHP 5.3 vc9 nts (Win7/2008)
- APC 3.1.9 for PHP 5.3 vc9 (Win7/2008)

but neither will activate in the wampserver panel php extensions list (not sure if I need threadsafe or not)

Date: March 20, 2012 10:14PM

Hi!

It means that it is an unofficial build of PHP.

regards
tk1
[dev.freshsite.pl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.