Can't Access phpMyAdmin
Posted by: Jab (201.206.92.---)
Date: November 02, 2011 07:23PM

I've seen lots of posts about this topic, but mine seems to be unique.

When I click the tray icon, and then click phpMyAdmin, I get a little Aestan Tray Menu popup window that says "Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not execute run action: The system cannot find the file specified"

I get the same error message when I click on any of the shortcuts there in the menu: Localhost, phpMyAdmin, and SQLite. When I rest on PhpMyAdmin and get the flyout menu and click Administration, I get the same error.

I can get to [localhost] by typing it in. Any clicks that I do from there get this page: Error
MySQL said:

Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server..

I can get to my hosted web sites so the server is running.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2011 07:28PM by Jab.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Access phpMyAdmin
Posted by: Jab (201.206.92.---)
Date: November 03, 2011 06:46PM

Basically there are 2 symptoms of this problem -

1) clicking phpMyAdmin in the Wamp task bar menu gives me: Aestan Tray Menu popup window that says "Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not execute run action: The system cannot find the file specified"

2) from the localhost page, I click on phpMyAdmin and I get a page that says: Error
MySQL said:

Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I will appreciate any advice, or links to where I can find the solution.

Thank you,

Ben

Posted by: icedrift (---.orange.net.il)
Date: November 04, 2011 07:40PM

Have you changed the MySql password?
If yes, go to [Wamp directory]\apps\phpmyadminx.x.x\config.inc.php

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '123456' <- change this to your new password
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

Maybe it will result in something.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 05, 2011 12:59AM

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Microsoft Web Deploy, Web Deployment Agent Service, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or Apache, MySQL, PHP outside wamp folder (ie. in Program Files or System32 folder) ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Onokpegu (---.a.nigol.net.ng)
Date: November 09, 2011 03:43PM

Please I need someone to help me solve this mystery. Am using Window7 and I have checked my password
on "config.inc" is correct but I still have this error message below. My email address onokpeguthompson@yahoo.com

Error

MySQL said:
#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.