Installation Problem - Source File Corrupt
Posted by: icu222much (24.86.239.---)
Date: May 24, 2011 05:34AM

I am trying to install Wamp Server on my machine. As I am installing the software, I receive multiple errors saying that the source file is corrupted. I downloaded Wamp Server 2.1d (64-bit) from this website ( [www.wampserver.com] ). I do not have WAMP5 installed on my machine. I am running Windows7.

I also want to note that I previously had Wamp Server 2.1d 64-bit installed on my machine. I have not ran this application for several months. When I went to run it today, I was not able to access the localhost. In addition the Wamp Server icon was yellow. I didn't know how to fix the problem so I uninstalled Wamp Server, restarted my computer, and downloaded and tried to install the software again.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Image of error messages:
[imageshack.us]

Re: Installation Problem - Source File Corrupt
Posted by: dankel8 (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: August 13, 2017 01:14PM

I cannot find a download of WAMP Srever that has not (apparently) been deliberately corrupted for the purppose of selling a software to fix for the corrupt WAMP software they have provided. I have tried seven installs and they were all corrupted. All of those provider had software to remedy the problem; at a price.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2017 03:33PM

Where on earth are you downloading WAMPServer from.

SourceForge is where it is stored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2017 03:33PM

Hi,

None of official Wampserver install files are corrupted.

See [Wampserver.aviatechno.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.