Save file dialog instead of open site on wampserver
Posted by: cheeseus (88.87.2.---)
Date: May 22, 2011 11:54AM

Hello,

I have encountered a strange problem that I can't seem to deal with. When I click on the site (project) link on the Wampserver home page, the site doesn't open, but instead, a Save File dialog appears. The file name is "download" and the file type is: ". File (..)"

This only happens with two of the sites that I am building. I have a total of 10 sites for working offline (on wampserver) and they open just fine. The two sites that won't open - but show a File Save dialog instead - did work fine when I last opened them some days ago.

At first I thought this could have something to do with the HTACCESS file - I have

"DirectoryIndex index.php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php53 .php"

But then I deleted the HTACCESS file and I still have the same problem. I also created a simple INDEX.HTML file to test, guessing that there could be something wrong with the INDEX.PHP file, but nothing...

I need help please!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Save file dialog instead of open site on wampserver
Posted by: cheeseus (88.87.2.---)
Date: May 22, 2011 12:01PM

Bugger! I cleaned the Chrome cache and the site opened normally... But I had also tried Firefox and the problem was there too. Now both Chrome and Firefox open the site normally.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.