"It works!" Is all i get... sad smiley
Posted by: Anifacted (---.k704.webspeed.dk)
Date: May 13, 2011 02:21PM

Hello,

I resently installed WAMP on my laptop with no problems at all, and thought that now, when I had to put it on my desktop PC, it would be a painless matter.
I was wrong though, cause I am stuck with this problem and I have no clue what is causing it.

The problem is that after the succesful installation, whenever I access localhost in my browser, I am displayed the message:

"It works! - This is the default web page for this server. - The web server software is running but no
content has been added, yet."

I have removed everything in c:/wamp/www, added and changed index.php files, but the message even keeps showing regardless of the presence of the c:/wamp/www dirictory or not.
I installed WAMP on a freshly created Windows user account, and I have no other virtual servers previously or currently installed.

The only thing conflicting with WAMP after the installation was TeamViewer, which was occupying port 80, but I disabled that, and the server would start.

What could be causing this message to overule localhost directory access?

Thank you,
Anifacted

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "It works!" Is all i get... sad smiley
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2011 04:37PM

You have to disable IIS

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: "It works!" Is all i get... sad smiley
Posted by: Anifacted (---.k704.webspeed.dk)
Date: May 13, 2011 05:07PM

My IIS was already disabled.

It seems my hosts file was messed up, since clearing it and only having the line "127.0.0.1 localhost" Solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 05:09PM by Anifacted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.