Please Help... Access Denied phpMyAdmin
Posted by: charriott4 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 23, 2011 11:47AM

Hello

I am COMPLETELY new to any of this. I am a web designer and all i want this for is to test my wordpress sites for theme development and so far I am about to pull out my hair.

I just downloaded WAMP and then went to change my password and it LOCKED me out of phpmyadmin

Saying this:

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I have been through this forum FRONT AND BACK

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling WAMP and it did not work.

I ALSO tried following THESE directions on a similar post

1.CLOSE WAMP COMPLETELY

2.gotoC:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.0.51b\data\mysql and delete the three files

user.frm
user.MYI
user.MYD

3.download these files again from my server here>> [pampserver.com]

4. replace all 3 back into the folder

5. restart wamp and you should be back in(you will only have the orginal usernames when u first installed wamp)

6.You may need to change the password in phpmmyadmins config.inc back to "" because it is root with no password.

NONE OF IT HAS WORKED.

I've been here for over 8 hours trying to figure it out, can someone please help me???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please Help... Access Denied phpMyAdmin
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2011 02:06PM

Download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

You should setup Backup so you can restore back to working state
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup WordPress, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: PHPnovice (---.static.tpgi.com.au)
Date: February 25, 2011 04:39AM

I cannot use PHPmyadmin in the Wapserver tray.
I have installed and uninstalled several dozen times. I have tried all combinations.
I see many, many queries all over the internet from people having this same problem.

The replies are usually unhelpful because they give half of the information.

For example the advice from yfastud above - why on earth would he advise anyone to go to the WAMPServer tray and start PHPmyadmin - when the problem is that PHPmyadmin WON"T start because there is a problem?

Just wasting everybody's time.

It seems to me there are two issues with the password problem-
1. Setting the actual MYSQL password. I have managed to do this. If I go to Wampserver trya and press MYSQL MysqlConsole I can enter a valid password. I foun d out how to set this password through the CMD prompt (by searching for tips on the internet).

2. The second propblem is I still cannot get into PHPmyadmin. I get a browser error saying

I have tried editing config.inc.php-

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'secret';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

But it doesn't work.

Can anyone explain what needs to be done to set a password in MYSQL and to have Wampwerver tray PHPmyadmin work ?

Please no suggestions to 'Open PHPmyadmin.'

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 25, 2011 05:25AM

Open phpmyadmin.

Below the error , press open in new window

If the errror still says password:no then you didnt add ur password correctly

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 25, 2011 05:27AM

For example the advice from yfastud above - why on earth would he advise anyone to go to the WAMPServer tray and start PHPmyadmin - when the problem is that PHPmyadmin WON"T start because there is a problem?
Did you actually read before posting? After reset MySQL, it should be back to normal and from there you can open phpmyadmin to setup password winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: daparker26 (138.40.150.---)
Date: February 28, 2011 01:10AM

Hi,

This seems to be a common problem. I have spent the past three hours attempting to use phpMyAdmin after setting the root password; however, I end up with the same 1045 error. The password works fine when using the MySQL command line. I've followed the WAMP guide provided by yfastud and have tried setting the authentication to 'config', while providing the username 'root' and password 'secret', and have tried setting the authentication to 'http' and 'cookies' yet I always get the same error.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

same error, so...

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'secret';

and still get...

I have even used localhost/phpMyAdmin/setup/ to create the config file, yet still no luck. I always restart WAMPserver after I have edited config.inc.php. I know there are a lot of forum posts about this problem, yet none of the solutions have worked for me yet. I appreciate any helpful input. Thanks.

Date: February 28, 2011 01:51AM

I've just sit next to a friend and instead doing it for her, I've asked her to follow my guide since I've wanted to find out why some people have issue to follow my guide and guess what, she's done it w/o any issue; thus, I don't know what I can do to make that guide more easier than it is now sad smiley

Therefore, the only suggestion is try to reset MySQL and follow the Password guide again from start to end a little slowly winking smiley

Download ResetMySQL here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
[blog.jlbn.net]

[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 01:52AM by yfastud.

Posted by: daparker26 (138.40.150.---)
Date: February 28, 2011 02:06AM

;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 11:19PM by daparker26.

Posted by: 123lal (---.34.194.14.tataidc.co.in)
Date: March 01, 2011 01:27AM

hi

at the first time after installing wamp there is no problem i can open local host and
from that window i can open phpmyadmin , by just clicking the link

. i entered in to that page there i found user privilege .

in that i saw two root users

i set root as the pass word for both the users

everything was ok up to that time

but in the next time i opened , it started to show an error message like this

and one more thing i can open mysql from the wamp server tray mysql > mysql console >
there i entered root as password then the black screen opened to create or delete our mysql database

my problem is how can i open the phpmyadmin in the browser window , as i saw in the first time , is it possible to open phpmyadmin after setting a password

please help me

thank you

Date: March 01, 2011 01:39AM

You need to reset MySQL then setup password again properly

Download ResetMySQL here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
[blog.jlbn.net]

[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: guayomena (201.191.198.---)
Date: March 01, 2011 03:39AM

yfastud:

Thanks for the answers! Your guide to ResetMySQL is very neat and clear!

At first, it didn't seem to work... and if you have 3 hours trying to solve this problem, like me, you really get stressed out.

but then I went to Control Panel / administrative tools / services and then looked for "wampmysqld" right clicked it, selected refresh, waited a couple minutes and voilá... Im able to acces my phpmyadmin panel again!

thanks again, excellent work, if you ask me... and the only real solution I found for this problem on the web

cheers

Posted by: 123lal (---.127.194.14.tataidc.co.in)
Date: March 02, 2011 01:11AM

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
very much

Posted by: unwiredmedic (---.lightspeed.renonv.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 08, 2011 04:28AM

So far, I hear that if you have set WAMP up and you still follow the directions implicitly and are not a novice computer user, and you try again, doing the same things prescribed over and over by "yfastud" you simply are doing them wrong every time and that you should continue, exactly as written, to do them until the result changes ( re: "the law of insanity" )

I am not saying the steps this person regurgitates in every post are wrong, but I am saying they are not working... for ME.

I am not a novice and can follow written directions well, but trying to learn to use PHP and MySQL is my goal now so I can start to build dynamic websites, and WAMP comes HIGHLY recommended by the best instructors I have ever found.

I guess I'll keep following the law of insanity (see definition below), and expect that eventually it will work. But the reality is, it's script folks. Either it works the first time, or it doesn't work at all. Resetting it and waiting 30 minutes, 3 hours, or 30 days will not change anything. After it's reset/refreshed, it either works or it doesn't, right?

There is nothing wrong with my MySQL info. It matches the steps PRECISELY. However, myPHPAdmin insists on lying to me with some confabulation about not being able to access the MySQL administration page. Some blabber about "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)". Come on! How can you possibly screw up no password? It doesn't ask the user anything when you open myPHPAdmin, it simply opens the error page. I even tried it in multiple browsers and after clearing the cache. Same problem. How do you configure the myPHPAdmin so you can change the user to "root" and enter the set up password to "". Oh, that's right, you follow the law of insanity. I replace the three user.xxx files in the appropriate directory. I verify the changes went through by looking at the config.inc.php file in Notepad and it is STILL showing what it is supposed to. I close WAMP and restart it. No luck. I try the same steps in the law of insanity, I restart the computer and load WAMP. No luck.

Keep doing this over and over and over and it should eventually work, even though the script never changes. Do it over and over and expect different results every time.

So I guess I'm really asking if there is really an answer to making WAMP work, or if I should try running it in a sterile virtual machine with fully verified parameters (what OS should I use, what services packs and updates should I use, which antivirus should be running, what processes should be active, what version of WAMP, what version of PHP, what version of Apache, what version of MySQL) to get it to absolutely work. Maybe my Win 7 Pro is configured wrong? Maybe I have something installed that conflicts? What do you need to make this simple tool work the way it is supposed to? Or should I abandon WAMP in favor of some other tool that is known to work? Try it once is fine, but if it doesn't work, is there really no other option?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.