Wampserver won't work correctly
Posted by: CSkovholm (---.rev.stofanet.dk)
Date: February 19, 2011 11:54AM

Hey all!

First of all, i am very thankfull for the software. Wampserver is excellent and i used to use it alot, until now..

I re-formatted my computer, and i re-installed wampserver, but now it simply wont 'start' or run correctly.

No matter what i do, the wampserver icon in the progress bar just keeps displaying red, and it wont connect. If i try to click it, and hit localhost, it just says "Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost." I re-installed many times to see if that was the problem but seems that it is not.

Is this a common issue? if so, how can it be solved?

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver won't work correctly
Posted by: greenlemon (77.211.167.---)
Date: February 19, 2011 03:56PM

Wampserver is a dream.
I thought it was working the first time I installed it and after reinstall, (I think 10 times!!!)
it does not work.

But the truth must be that it never had worked and never will.

Like most other free or "open" projects.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 19, 2011 04:08PM

WampServer is generally using as a LOCAL testing Development.

OF COURSE IT WORKS. its downlaoded 80,000 times a week and have been around since 2004 ....thats MILLIONS of downloads..

Wampserver is software that installs Apache MySQL and PHP onto your system.. If it doesnt run.. then there is usually some simple issues with your system that will stop any server from working until you resolve your issues.

As CSkovholm said he has used it alot before... so im sure he knows its something different with his system this time.

@greenlemon please stop HIJACKING peoples threads with negative false information or you will receive no further help from me.

@CSkovholm - make sure you are an admin user , and use netstat to make sure nothing else is using port 80 and port 3306

open cmd (start>run>cmd)

type in

netstat -aon |findstr .0:80

and

netstat -aon |findstr .0:3306

if you get results .. use the last number (PID) to find out what program is using the ports..
todo so , open task manager.. click the services tab and check for the matching image name that matches that PID

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 19, 2011 04:31PM

Steven Martin, thanks a lot for your response. I can't seem to type the | key in the CMD. It outputs a splitted | instead.

Should i use another key on the keyboard for this?

Thanks again

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 19, 2011 04:37PM

the spilt line should work ok in that situation.. but there is a key somewhere that gives a solid line

it maybe on the \ or /keys or using the key above TAB

this usually have three symbols

use

shft+
and ctrl+alt+ to get those symbols

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: February 19, 2011 04:46PM

Thanks, i got the results coming up.

When doing the netstat with port 80, i got 4 results.

3 of them being identical, and the last one being different. I would assume the three identical ones are the wampserver?

Date: February 19, 2011 04:59PM

Nevermind, got it working!

Thanks for your help Steven.

Posted by: skoobiedu (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2011 04:30AM

A quick note: '|' is called the vertical line. The font used determines whether it's solid or split. If it's split or solid doesn't matter, it's still the vertical line. It is typically located on the key with '\' (back-slash). To get the vertical line, type shift+'\'. The ASCII/Unicode code for the vertical line is 124 (dec); 7C (hex). So, another way to enter the vertical line is to type Alt+0124 on the num-pad.

@greenlemon: WampServer works! I have it working right now, and it works "out-of-the-box" most of the time. When it doesn't work it is usually because of a port conflict.

Timeless Thoughts of Imagination
-----------------------------------------------------
I am pessimistically optimistic.

Posted by: RSguideMaker (---.croy.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 08, 2012 06:12PM

@stevenmartin99 I did everything you said: CMD came up with this message:

"
C:\Users\Euan>netstat -aon |findstr .0:80
TCP 192.168.0.102:49524 208.93.140.80:80 ESTABLISHED 2008
"

So I opened Task Manager and went to services, looked for 80 but nothing was on 80?

I took a screenshot of the Task Manager page, just to show exactly what it said. The numbers are in Numerical order but there is nothing on port 80:

Please help me

~RSguideMaker~

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: April 08, 2012 06:25PM

No that result shows noting is using port 80

If u wanna get Teamviewer I'll take a look

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: sonia_21 (---.117.138.80.static-delhi.vsnl.net.in)
Date: April 09, 2012 01:27PM

wamp server is realy good.
i installed in c drive before, but there is some error at localhost as well as programs were run, no problem at all. one code was not running on but run on others pc having wamp . then i uninstall and
installed in E drive .All programs are runnig on this time also but that coding is not running this time too.

i have windows7 64-bit what will i do???help me out...

thanks in advance.

Posted by: kim-gould (101.161.235.---)
Date: April 10, 2012 01:50AM

Can anyone help me to get wampserver installed on my computer - win7 - I'm getting an error message on installation -

Not sure how to add images, but the error message was Exception in module wampserver.exe at 000F15A0. could not execute run action. Here's the image of the error message on screencast

[screencast.com]

I've tried to install twice now, really need to get it up and running as I have a client waiting on a wp site I've been putting together.

The only thing that might be causing a problem is that with both installs I've set Chrome as the default browser. I did some research and it seems that's okay, but otherwise I've simply done the standard install.

Re: Wampserver is not working
Posted by: adiblu (---.64.216.104.dynamic.barak-online.net)
Date: April 10, 2012 11:18AM

when i trt to enter to localhost the page dont disply, why?

Posted by: lenin (27.7.33.---)
Date: April 11, 2012 12:33PM

Hi, i have just installed Wampserver 2 successfully but i aint able to run it. Its showing Error 500- Internal Server Error.. When ever i run my projects it displays..

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at admin@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error."

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

And when i go to Apache-> Apache Error Log, it displays "httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 27.7.33.200 for ServerName"

What is the actual problem and how do i repair/check it so as to be able to run my projects.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.