Installing Wampserver on windows 7
Posted by: zuma (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 07:48AM

I installed the Wampserver on my laptop, but the dial/control meter is red. It says it means that neither Apache and MySQL servers could start. However, I do not know how to fix this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Wampserver on windows 7
Posted by: jowee (---.telkomadsl.co.za)
Date: August 06, 2010 05:09PM

hello Zuma,
I ran into similar problem as well...but later find the solution.
steps:
1. start wampserver
2. click on the wampserver icon, and select apache nd the select httpd.config
3. change the listen port to any available port on your system( i use port 82 instead" Listen 80"winking smiley and
servername localhost:80 to your Listen port number.
NB: your port number must be the same nd must be unique.
4. Save the file nd restart all the services
5. put online.
This should work.

Date: August 06, 2010 11:30PM

I did that and the dial is still red. I think the fix you described is for when the dial is yellow - which means that one of the server is running.

I had installed the package ontop of another package - so I had installed it twice and this is the email I recived for the fix, but I do not know what the name of the wampserver is called under services -

I appreciate your help!

See below:

=============================================================

hen the dial is red that means both the Apache and MySQL servers couldn't start, which usually means that you have another WAMP server package running on your PC. Did you happen to install another package - either by installing Apache and MySQL individually, or by installing another package like XAMPP?

You don't need to uninstall the other package, you can just temporarily disable the servers from starting. You can do that in the Services Tool in Windows. To get to the Services Tool in Windows XP, click Start > Control Panel > Performance & Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services. To get to the Services Tool in Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the desktop, then select Task Manager. In the Task Manager dialog box, click the Services tab, then click the Services button.

Once you're in the Services Tool, the Apache Web server serice is usually called httpd, and the MySQL database server service is usually called mysqld. The ones that start with wamp are for Wampserver, so don't mess with those!

If you find the httpd and mysqld services, right-click on the service, then select Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Startup mode dropdown box, and select Disabled. Click the OK button to save the setting.

After disabling the services, the next time you restart your PC the Apache and MySQL servers shouldn't start, so you should be able to start the Wampserver servers.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.mobile.digiweb.ie)
Date: August 06, 2010 11:40PM

Who sent u that email. Disable all services with apache or mysql in the title or description except for

Wampapache
Wampmysqld

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: August 07, 2010 08:21AM

An acquaintance did! That is the thing...I did not see services with apache or mysql in the title or description section neither did I see

Wampapache,
Wampmysqld.

I had to go through the whole thing like a tooth comb! I will look again and let you know.

Thanks!

Zuma

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.12.threembb.ie)
Date: August 07, 2010 08:30AM

Where exactly are u looking?

Press start> run

Type in services.msc

Look thru that list

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: mededot (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: August 09, 2010 01:15AM

Hello Steven! Perhaps you could help me out too? I am having the same problem as Zuma is having. I am running on windows 7 and i have gone through the steps you outlined here. I get an error to the effect that my wampapache could not start.

Error 1067: process terminated unexpectedly

The dial is yellow and nothing happens when click it.

Thanks.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 09, 2010 05:37AM

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 09, 2010 07:33AM

Thanks Steve.

It worked. If you do not mind, I have a question. I have been trying to install quality center on windows 7, and have been having the utmost difficulty. I went through the installation but could not get the configuration files to work!

I searched online and found that QC can only be intalled on win 2003, vista, ex etc and not win 7.

If you know differently, please let me know

Thanks again!

Zuma

Posted by: mededot (---.lg.starcomms.net)
Date: August 09, 2010 12:13PM

Well, Thanks.

But i dont have IIS, and all the other programs you mentioned. And my wampserver icon is still yellow. It says 1 of 2 services running when i hover my mouse over it.

Posted by: VDev (---.user.rsspnet.ru)
Date: August 10, 2010 06:16PM

> Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc,
> open file hosts and delete anything in this file
> and have only this line below and nothing else
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost

Window 7 hides this folder for Total Commander, explorer etc. Use next hack - start notebook as administrator and open this folder. Then select 'all files' instead *.txt and you can open "hosts" file smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 06:17PM by VDev.

Posted by: satishraj (---.129.169.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: March 11, 2011 08:24AM

Its great changing the port number in http.conf file worked for me its great thanks!!

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2011 01:51PM

To avoid issue later on, you should terminate or change setting on app that uses port 80 instead winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: tr3omline (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2011 01:58AM

Hey guys, I'm having troubles getting WAMP to work with win7 x64 as well.

I had skype running, bit I closed it and tried the WAMP>Apache>Service>Test port 80. It said it wasn't used, so I installed the service. I then installed mySQL service. I restarted all services, the W is green, but I cannot connect to localhost and/or 127.0.0.1.

My hosts file is clean as well.

I also tried changing the port in httpd.conf to Listen 85, also ServerName localhost:85. I restarted services each time, and the W was green, but still no localhost.

I'm at a loss? sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.