Newbie needs help to replicate a database
Posted by: tommy.rwabs (41.202.225.---)
Date: July 29, 2010 03:22PM

Background: There is a database that is being run online by a sister organization. I have requested to get a copy of the database so as to have an instance for my organization. The webserver available for me now is WAMP 2i and that is the one I am using. I want to first test it locally before taking it online.

I have been given a folder that has htdocs. Inside the htdocs there are different folders app, html, sites, translations and Zendframework.
I also have a Mysql database script. This I have run successfully in phpMyAdmin. However, I dont have any idea how to get the interface up and running so I can access it in a browser. How do I get to do this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie needs help to replicate a database
Posted by: c2dan (---.know.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 29, 2010 07:23PM

Move the 5 folders from the htdocs folder to C:/wamp/www.

I'd guess you'd go to [localhost]

If not you'll have to ask the original developer on what to do.

Posted by: tommy.rwabs (41.202.225.---)
Date: July 29, 2010 09:31PM

Thanks c2dan. Unfortunately the original developer is using a different server. When I do what you suggest I keep getting an error or just accessing the folders from the browser. Thanks for that nonetheless!

Posted by: c2dan (---.know.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 29, 2010 11:45PM

Unfortunately the original developer is using a different serve
Regardless of the server it should still work under Apache (the server wamp comes with), IIS or any other http server.

The orginal developer should have some idea for getting your app working under Apache.

When I do what you suggest I keep getting an error
What error?

What is it you're trying to setup?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 30, 2010 01:02AM

you have to setup Database account with same username and password that use in your script, then check your script and replace the host name if it's not "localhost" then import Database that you get from live host

To setup Database Account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.