mail() function (I understand this has been answered before, but please read)
Posted by: elbow (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 09:50AM

I am stumped at this point. I have never had a problem with WAMP and the mail() function before as I used to run PHP-Fusion (a CMS) straight from my computer and the e-mails sent fine. But now that I'm running Wordpress and MyBB forums off of my server, i seem to have many, many problems.

I have never gone this far into web development, I am more of a coder, so bare with me.

SMTP - if possible, I want to use gmail. when I input the gmail SMTP settings into php.ini, it still doesn't work, and says put in a STARTTLS function, which I see no where to turn on.

I currently have hMailServer running - I receive e-mails by going to the C:\ drive Data directory of the program, but I can not hook the e-mail accounts up to an e-mail client, at all. It also does not send the e-mails still, and gives an SMTP error to people who submit a form anywhere on my website. No matter what the form is, there's always an error.

What can I do to make the mail() function work? Please, I need advice. Anything will do, and I don't care if I have to pay for a program to get it to work, but I do not want to use IIS or move to CentOS which I am not too familiar with.

I will even give the person helping me access to my server and pay them if they would like to work on it instead of explaining it to me. I have a backup, there's nothing for me to worry about.

I really don't know what else to say, but I love WAMPServer, and with this issue it is pretty much useless for me. I also see people have the same problem with XAMPP, and I do not like XAMPP, at all. Every thread I search for on the forums in regards to the mail() issue has no detailed response except to use an "SMTP Server", which I know nothing about. Now that hMailServer somewhat works, I will say that it's a start at getting the rest to work. But I've tried phpMailer, Free SMTP Server, and something else I do not remember, and none of them work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 09:56AM by elbow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mail() function (I understand this has been answered before, but please read)
Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 07:53PM

add me to msn fortune.osei@yahoo.com i can help u i've done this before u need to install some more stuff to use gmail or check the guide in my sig

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.