Want to send mail through local wamp
Posted by: sunilbiswal (182.48.201.---)
Date: July 14, 2010 01:36PM

Hello All,

I want to know that :- How do I set the configuration to send mail via smtp in my local wamp server.

Please reply me back

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want to send mail through local wamp
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 14, 2010 02:55PM

Posted by: charlesblackwell412 (165.190.89.---)
Date: July 14, 2010 03:22PM

Okay, but how can we set up mail on a localhost machine to sent mail via smtp? I know you don't provide it with WAMP but it is a needed function of web dev. What application can we use on a windows machine to send mail on the localhost?

Thanks.

C

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 14, 2010 04:49PM

if you do a simple search, you would see that I posted too many times about this

anyway, wamp does NOT come w/ mail so you can NOT send mail and if you really want it, you should join some other forums that focus on mail to get help

it's your own pc and your own life so you can do anything you like and nobody can stop you to do so but keep in mind that if you do NOT set up mail properly and security, spammers would secretly use your pc/wampserver without your consent to send out some thousands, if not millions, spam mails a day and since these mails sent out from your pc/wamp, you take all responsibilities for their actions and would face severe punishment/fines and/or even serving jail time depending on laws in your area/country, so make sure you know what you're doing since a second, not even a minute, you send out a mail from your pc/wamp, spammers will auto detect your pc/wamp immediately; dont be like one of my best friends who was in FBI's custody couple years ago and all his 4 pc/lappies were seized for investigation if he's a spammer; after investigated, they couldn't charge him for spam but some illegal stuff that found in his pc/laptops sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 04:50PM by yfastud.

Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: July 15, 2010 07:12AM

although wamp doesn't come with u can use a program called hmail but you should look through on setting up a secure email server u also can just use sendmail or set up google apps for your domain and use stunnel and php fake send mail to use google's smtp to send mail

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.