Logs?
Posted by: jasonw (---.dsl.volcano.net)
Date: July 13, 2010 08:28PM

I have a huge problem where every now and then my memory usage on the server will shoot way up to 100% This renders the server useless as no web page will load when this happens. I read around on different sites and one mentioned the Wamp log files being to big but gave no numbers. My log files are 69.6MB are those to big? Is it reasonable to think they would causing this problem? If so is it safe to just delete them or is there another process for shrinking them? Any other ideas of what could be causing this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Logs?
Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: July 15, 2010 07:21AM

open the log files and look at the access and the error logs to see what's causing it or u can delete the contents in the both logs

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Date: July 22, 2010 08:56PM

Not sure if this has a point as it will take you 7 days to read this but below are my access logs. This log alone is 65MB

"Ok I tried twice and FF crashed both times. I guess its to big to even post here. Its like 14,000 lines in notepad."

Date: July 22, 2010 09:12PM

Am I looking in the Apache or PHP error logs? Or both?

Date: July 23, 2010 06:15PM

Ok so the problem is still not fixed. I deleted the content of all the logs and today for no reason my memory slowly climbed to 726,120 and rendered the entire server useless once again. If I goto the WAMP menu and click "restart all services" this will fix the problem for a short time then it will be back again. Is noone ells having this same problem? If so is there a new version or patch that fixes it or anything? My website is becoming rather popular and I shudder to think how much I am losing in adsence because of this problem. I can only assume if the problem is on this ens it is also on the other end meaning the website wont work for others when this happens. I cannot baby sit it 24-7 and logmein wont work on my mobile device to reset the service while I am away. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Date: July 23, 2010 06:17PM

I have been doing a Google search and it seems this problem is related to SQL servers. There is mention in one place about changing the memory options for the SQL server but it is not Wamp. Is this possible in Wamp to change this? Dose it sound like the problem even?

Date: July 23, 2010 06:56PM

Ok so in doing more research I find when this memory problem happens the process httpd.exe is sucking up a ton of it, this I found is the Apache server. Any ideas on how to get it to release the memory once it doesn't need it anymore I have no problem with a lot of memory usage but the problem is even if its not active it still eats up more and more until it take 100% rendering the server useless.

Date: July 25, 2010 08:24PM

Anyone have an idea?

Posted by: UCFKnights83 (209.243.55.---)
Date: July 26, 2010 03:35PM

I have never seen the httpd.exe do this on its own. Would you be able to tell us what it is you are doing on your site at the time that it shoots up to 100%?

Date: July 26, 2010 06:17PM

Usually when it dose it to me its just posting to word press. Most of the time it happens though I am not doing anything. Its my website users that are doping something. I am the only one with posting privileges though so that cat be it.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2010 01:08AM

try disable some wordpress plugin; if still have same issue, try uninstall and reinstall wordpress or worst, uninstall and reinstall wamp winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: jasonw (---.cm.volcano.net)
Date: September 24, 2010 03:41PM

Any other tips? This is getting really annoying. Have to restart the services in WAMP every 4 minutes to keep the memory down other wise it just climb up up and away until it hits 100% I cant even use PHPmyadmin to back up my database and get rid of this crappy server program because phpmyadmin times out when the memory climbs.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.12.threembb.ie)
Date: September 24, 2010 04:18PM

Not wampserver issue. It's not crappy.

If u installed some crappy addon then this is your issue.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: September 24, 2010 04:38PM

You know what you are right its not crappy I am just at my last rope with this. It IS a wamp issue. I have uninstalled all addons as well as wordpress but the issue remains. Every time someone goes to the site the httpd.exe which is an Apache process if I read right takes the memory through the roof. When the user leaves the site httpd.exe will not release the memory but just keep loading it up until the system becomes unstable. If this is true that the httpd.exe process is an Apache process then that makes it a WAMP issue because Apache came with WAMP.

Date: September 24, 2010 06:24PM

Ok so I found firefox used a lot more memory than IE so in an effort to back up my databases I uninstaled firefox, now when I goto phpmyadmin in the WAMP menu I get an error saying the path could notbe found. What now?

Date: September 24, 2010 07:17PM

I think I got it figured out. It has nothing to do with adons but wordpress itself. Apparently wordpress and Wamp just do not work goo together. There is no way to shut down wordpress other than just deleting it so I renamed the index file so noone could access the site and rerouted the domain to one of my forums and thus far there are no problems. I also looked down on this forum and found out how to change the default browser.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2010 02:32AM

That's weird since I have couple wordpress from different users on my wamp server for couple years and dont have any problem so far

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.