Installer won't install - windows 7 64 bits
Posted by: pdavis (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: July 08, 2010 04:33PM

Am migrating from a Windows 7 32 bits machine to Windows 7 64 bits. Copied my WampServer2.0i.exe, which had worked without problems om my old maching to the new one. When I start the install process, the green progress bar very slowly fills for about one millimeter and then stops. The computer seems to have ground to a halt (Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't do anything, and turning off the power switch is the only option). Any suggestions? (turning off my virus scanner - Panda - doesn't help).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installer won't install - windows 7 64 bits
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 08, 2010 06:55PM

Redownload wamp again and try installing again.

WAMP only comes as 32bit and should run fine on 64bit OS. I have win7 64 bit and wamp runs fine for me.

Posted by: pdavis (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: July 08, 2010 07:11PM

>Redownload wamp again and try installing again.

Thank you; perhaps an obvious suggestion I didn't think of, but it worked first time;-))

Posted by: lokoss (---.lancom.kiev.ua)
Date: July 08, 2010 11:05PM

for the future: fill and copy only few files, such as: php.ini, httpd.conf, my.ini from old server to new installed version. If you change ways to WAMP you must change it in the httpd.conf

luck

Posted by: mos2710 (---.zone11.bethere.co.uk)
Date: July 19, 2010 10:12PM

sorry - a mistake. Posted twice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 05:23AM by mos2710.

Installation problems- windows 7 64 bit
Posted by: mos2710 (---.zone11.bethere.co.uk)
Date: July 20, 2010 05:21AM

I am having problems installing WAMP on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. After installation I try to launch Wampserver and get an error message "The program can't start because php5.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I reinstalled several times but still gives me this error message. Any idea how I can solve this? Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.