Cant put the server online
Posted by: sash_007 (59.93.241.---)
Date: June 26, 2010 05:24AM

Hello friends,
I have just downloaded the latest ver of wamp server but after insall i cant put it online the yellow icon shows sad smiley

i have tried reinstall but that too fails:|

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cant put the server online
Posted by: KrillQualtion (---.aztw.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 26, 2010 02:32PM

I'm pretty new to using WampServer myself but have you checked to see if your Port 80 is open?

I personally have Skype on my computer and as such, it was using Port 80, which Apache needs to use.

Easiest way I found to check this was to go to WampServer's icon, go to Apache and then to Service and there's a button that says "Test Port 80" - click that if it says something other than Apache/(version) PHP/(version) then you need to find out what's using your Port 80 and stop it from using Port 80...

If there's any other problems getting it online, I'll be a terrible person to ask! I've just started using this myself hah.

Enjoy, if that helped any.

Re: Cant put the server online
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 26, 2010 03:08PM

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:
Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:
Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts then delete everything in this file and have only this line and nothing else
127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools > options > connections > advanced > untick "use port 80 ..." then restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.