localhost.localhost
Posted by: wadams92101 (---.dsl.sndg02.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 21, 2010 07:33PM

I did a re-installation of the wampserver. Now when I click on the tray icon menu item "localhost," it directs me to [localhost.localhost.localdomain]. How do I fix this? I.e., How do I get it to take me to [localhost.localdomain] like it did before the reinstallation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost.localhost
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 22, 2010 12:22AM

seems you have htaccess w/ rewrite rule in project folder; you might need to reinstall that script

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 22, 2010 06:53PM

htaccess is in www. As a newbie, I'm not sure what you mean. What do I have to do?

Date: April 22, 2010 07:13PM

Thanks for your prompt response. Actually, as I look at this more closely, I see that when I click on localhost in the wamp tray icon, its trying to go to [localhost] instead of localhost.localdomain; then it is substituting the "[localhost.localdomain]; in the browser (its a wordpress site), and the page that is pulled up has the message: "The blog you were looking for, [localhost.localhost.localdomain] doesn't exist but you can create it now!"

Previosly, it went straight to the welcome page of the site at [localhost.localdomain]. What changed? How can I change it back?

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 22, 2010 10:15PM

When WAMP is installed it doesn't setup any domains. Only the address [localhost] will work.

localhost.localdomain needs to be setup as a virtualhost and added to the hosts file in order for it work properly. It seems the issue is more to do with Wordpress or the web address you're using.

You need to be more specific with what you're doing.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 23, 2010 04:25AM

Posted by: itstnew (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: May 05, 2010 02:22PM

i just had the same problem i dont think it was wordpress though i think i had the server turned off and typed localhost into my address bar and i got the wikipedia site then i turn the apache online and it went to whatever i had in my www folder, and people dont eplain the rewrite thing all you do is click the wamp icon in the bottom right apache>apache moudles>then check the rewrite moudles

Posted by: workaholic (---.access.eclipse.net.uk)
Date: May 05, 2010 06:23PM

Interesting. I tried installing a couple of times, to make cookies behave by creating a virtual hostname with dots in. Having tried various combinations of methods, both with wampserver and similar Russian software, I found that when installing, specify localhost as localhost.net
and cookies will magically start working (being honoured).

[localhost] will work as usual.

Strangely, this is virtually the reverse of what you have experienced. I've installed on XP Pro and XP Home, 32bit PC systems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.