Inquiry about Suphp and suhosin on wamp
Posted by: ozstar (---.livrp2.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: April 12, 2010 05:51AM

HI,

We have got wamp up and it is doing fine, thanks.

Now we have found out our host server uses Suphp and suhosin php so as we are trying to clone that setup, need to try and get them onto wamp.

Can I get any hints to do that please?

Thanks for all the help..

oz smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inquiry about Suphp and suhosin on wamp
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 12, 2010 07:11PM

SuPHP and SuHosin is for unix based systems only and is not available for Windows. Your PHP scripts will function the same on Windows as they would on your website.

Date: April 13, 2010 12:24AM

Hi and thanks for the reply.

But doesn't wamp clone what a unix server does anyway as it uses all the same software, apachef, php, mySQL etc.?

As we are using the same php files on wamp as we do on our Linux host, I figured we could use these addons.

If we find a site (especialy oscommerce) works correctly on 5.3 in wamp can it be assumed that it wll work on 5.3 on a Linux server with Suphp and Suhosin ?

If not, what can I do to somehow create this environment as the tests we do will be in vain.

Thanksn again.

oz :-)

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 13, 2010 06:26PM

>> But doesn't wamp clone what a unix server does anyway as it uses all the same software, apachef, php, mySQL etc.?

Apache, PHP and MySQL are all available for Windows. WAMP does not emulate a linux server environment as such.

>> As we are using the same php files on wamp as we do on our Linux host, I figured we could use these addons

No this is not possible. SuPHP and SuHosin are not available for WIndows, they are native unix applications.

>> If not, what can I do to somehow create this environment as the tests we do will be in vain

If you need SuPHP and SuHosin then you will be better off looking into setting up a linux server as a virtual machine and tailoring it to your needs. Rather than using WAMP.

Date: April 14, 2010 12:11AM

Okay, clear now. Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.