using wamp with dropbox (mklink to dropbox)
Posted by: dennis_gull (---.bredband.comhem.se)
Date: April 11, 2010 10:34PM

Hi,

I'm currently trying to add my www folder to the dropbox so its backed up at all times, however to do this I have to move my www folder to the dropbox folder, creating a mklink to my old location.
This works for a couple of hours then I get the following message:

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/wamp/www/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in Unknown on line 0

Is there any way I can get rid of this message or is it possible to move the location of the www folder, I tried to do it through apache but I got access denied then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: using wamp with dropbox (mklink to dropbox)
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2010 12:53AM

Posted by: dennis_gull (212.247.10.---)
Date: April 12, 2010 10:35AM

Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't exatally what I was looking for.

Dropbox works similar to SVN where your files get backed up each time you change anything and it keeps track of all the revision so you can "go back in time" if you change a file or delete it.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 13, 2010 12:21AM

you should check w/ Dropbox WHY you have to move your folder into Dropbox folder???

anyone correct me if I'm wrong but to me it's very bad design/settings since it SHOULD sync where your folder is located instead of moving your folder; for example, our wamp pc has only 40GB hard drive w/ 10k rpm for fast access and we save all our website data and database on 2 external NAS drives, so when everyone and anyone visit our websites, they will access straight to these NAS drives and we mirror/sync these 2 NAS drives to another 2 external drives, but not NAS; how can the users like us install Dropbox on NAS drives??? Very bad design and you should suggest them to design that the main program install on win box but sync the data from the source location, no matter where it is, to the destination location, again no matter where it is smiling smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.