installing PEAR
Posted by: jgnfld (---.stuaff.mun.ca)
Date: March 11, 2010 01:49PM

When I try to invoke the C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\go-pear.bat program, I get the following warnings and then nothing at all seems to happen when I "press any key":

phar "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\go-pear.phar" does not have a signaturePHP W
arning: require_once(phar://go-pear.phar/index.php): failed to open stream: pha
r error: invalid url or non-existent phar "phar://go-pear.phar/index.php" in C:\
wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\go-pear.phar on line 1236

Warning: require_once(phar://go-pear.phar/index.php): failed to open stream: pha
r error: invalid url or non-existent phar "phar://go-pear.phar/index.php" in C:\
wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\go-pear.phar on line 1236
Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas out there? I see there was a thread in French a while back, but it seems to say to invoke this batch program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: installing PEAR
Posted by: tutigan (---.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 08:36AM

I also have this problem.
Have you fixed this, or has anyone else out there got any suggestions?
I've spent a good hour and a half trying other things mentioned on google, but they all end with the same error -same as that above.

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 08:10PM

The go-pear.bat file for some reason does not run properly, which is appears to be a common issue. Instead open a command prompt (Start > Accessories > Command Prompt)

Run the following command first
cd C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.0/
Press Enter.

Now run the following command to run the pear installer
php -d phar.require_hash=0 PEAR/go-pear.phar

Posted by: osearth (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: November 28, 2010 02:02AM

I had thought my problem was php_phar.dll was not loaded and when uncommented didn't even exist in ./ext/
So I grabbed the windows php zip for my version and noticed it wasn't in there either!

Well anyways not requiring the PHAR Hash did get it to install grinning smiley

EDIT
Turned out i had another error. I checked phpinfo() and pear include path was something weird like c:\php5\pear

Pear install edited the php.ini in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0 which i beleive is for CLI php

I had to add the bottom line it put there into proper php.ini which was located here C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin

Here are the lines i added (only helps if pear is installed of course..)

\;***** Added by go-pear
include_path=".;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\pear"
;*****

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 03:25AM by osearth.

Posted by: lxvi (---.denver.co.biz.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2010 05:25AM

I also had to edit the correct php.ini like osearth plus I had to edit c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\pear.bat to fix the following line

IF "%PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN%"=="" SET "PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN=.\php.exe"

so that it reads

IF "%PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN%"=="" SET "PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN=C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\php.exe"

:-J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.