Virtual Server
Posted by: riversr54 (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 10:00PM

I'm sure this question has been asked and aswered many times, but I'm stumped.

I'm trying to add a virtual server to my WAMP 2.0i server. (I am very new to WAMP and Apache, so this may be a stupid question).

I have my WAMP server running and all is OK. I have a PHP application(folder with files) that I would like to copy into the WWW folder. This folder is named CADC. I assumed that I would then be able to access the files in that folder like this: [localhost].

When I try that, the browser tries to download the file instead of executing the PHP code. Is Virtual Server the correct approach here, or should I be trying an alias or something else?

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

riversr

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virtual Server
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 10:29PM

What do you mean by virtual server? You only need to add your files/folders to C:/wamp/www and go to [localhost] to run your php sripts etc.

Date: March 08, 2010 11:10PM

That's what I thought but it doesn't work. When I add my folder to the www folder and then try to access it by using: [localhost] it asks me if I wan't to save index.php. Obviously that is not what I want to do. I want it to execute that PHP code and display the page.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2010 11:55PM

you might need to enable short_open_tag through wamp tray icon

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 09, 2010 03:14PM

Could you please expand on that a bit. I've searched the Wamp tray icon and all it's possible setting and found nothing about short_open_tag.

riversr

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.