Cannot load phpMyAdmin
Posted by: tompatterson (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 08:01PM

I loaded the WampServer package in Windows 7, and I think I remember the phpMySql link working earlier when I clicked on it from the Wampserver homepage, but it does no longer.

Now, when I click on the link I get a message saying "Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation" . When I click on the Documentation link, I get a message which says "To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed."

I did a search on the two files listed above and found php_mysql.dll resident in c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.o\ext\. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

Thanks,

-Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot load phpMyAdmin
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 08, 2010 08:15PM

Left click wamp tray icon and choose PHP > extensions > and click on php_mysqli if there is not a tick by it.

Try phpmyadmin again.

Date: March 08, 2010 08:34PM

php_mysqli had a tick by it. Tried stopping and starting the server. No change - still get same error message.

-T

Date: March 08, 2010 09:44PM

problem above is because short_open_tag is set to on in php.ini. When set to on phpMyAdmin throws out error message and will not function.

Any way to fix this aside from going through and changing all tags in all members?

-Tom

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 09:46PM

? what??

turn it on of off

in the php.ini

u dont need to change the tags

left click wamp>php>php settings>short_open_tags

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: March 08, 2010 09:54PM

Thanks - I was changing the php.ini file. When I do it as you suggest, it works properly.

-Tom

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 09:58PM

dont open the php.ini in the way that you did. its not the right file

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: TheJAG (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 06:18PM

I have the same error message, installed WAMP just a few hours ago.
All I've edited is the document root and enabled mod_rewrite.
Everything works just fine except for phpMyAdmin.
It's the same error message: "Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation".
As suggested I checked the settings and php_mysqli is enabled and short_open_tag is disabled, as is default I presume.
I've tried restarting all services but alas, it will not work.
Any ideas people?
I haven't used any httpd under windows for years so I'm a little rusty about windows specific stuff.
Things just work in Gentoo, one emerge and a few edits and you have your own dedicated web server.

I chose to install WAMP since I assumed it would work at once, I could have brushed up on my windows AMP skills and installed them separately but thought it would take to long. Then again, seems I might have been wrong.

// TheJAG.

Posted by: TheJAG (194.14.227.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 09:20AM

Anyone?

I really need this to work, I haven't got access to my web server at school so I need a local server for testing.

// TheJAG.

Posted by: TheJAG (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: March 16, 2010 04:55PM

I wonder if there is any kind of support on this forum what so ever.
It's been forever already, I decided to scrap WAMP an install the applications separately instead.
I don't doubt that the WAMPServer is a good product when it works, but it's just nothing for me it seems.

For anyone else wondering about this problem, good luck getting anyone to answer it.

// TheJAG. -- Signing out...

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2010 11:32PM

Things just work in Gentoo, one emerge and a few edits and you have your own dedicated web server.
when already had or used to have a web server, it will conflict and cause error and users in this forums volunteer their free time to help others but user(s), that have problem, should provide as much detail as possible instead attitude
honestly, I've installed in some hundreds pc, if not thousands, and never seen any problem since it's very simple rule: install windows, then this wamp before anything else, even firewall/antivirus, to avoid conflict

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.