subfolder not showing in localhost
Posted by: skibikegolf (12.110.16.---)
Date: March 02, 2010 07:14PM

I view localhost by clicking on localhost in the WAMP5 system tray icon.

My list of projects in the WAMP folder all show except for a project folder I just added to WAMP.

The added folder name is NaasfOnline.

Additionally, when I enter [localhost] in the url of the browser, I get the "webpage not found message".

WAMP5 is working fine with my other projects.
I've insured that IIS is stopped.

I've stopped and started WAMP5.

All to no avail. I'm sure it is something simple.

Any suggestions?

skibikegolf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: subfolder not showing in localhost
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2010 03:00AM

I've insured that IIS is stopped.
IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: skibikegolf (---.customer.broadstripe.net)
Date: March 03, 2010 07:31AM

I disabled IIS as suggested and then restarted.

Still the folder "NAASFOnline" does not show up in the projects area on Localhost.

All my other projects show up just fine and execute with no problem.

I inspected C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and found 5 different files in the folder. The file named hosts contained the single line: 127.0.0.1 localhost

Are you sure I should delete the other 4 files (lmhosts.sam, networks, protocol, services)? Will deleting these files cause other problems to occur?

What I don't understand is why this one project folder does not show, but all my other project folders show up no problem.

Still looking for help.

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 03, 2010 07:42PM

Are you sure I should delete the other 4 files (lmhosts.sam, networks, protocol, services)? Will deleting these files cause other problems to occur?
No leave those file you may cripple Windows.

As for why the folder is not showing up it could be something in that folder which Apache has detected to cause an error. To see if there is an error go to [localhost]

Now left click the wamp tray icon and go to Apache > error log. Post the last 10 lines here.

Posted by: skibikegolf (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2010 02:26PM

Problem solved. Stupid error on my part!

I was placing the project folder in c://wamp instead of placing the project folder in c://wamp/www

Posted by: tubbergen (---.direct-adsl.nl)
Date: October 03, 2011 01:17PM

Well, I had the same problem. But I didn't place the project in the wrong folder.

I looked at the log (apache_error) and saw there was a problem with the .htaccess file. The log shows "Invalid command 'RewriteEngine..." So I deleted the .htaccess file to test it and then the project did appear.

So, by enabling the Apache module (in my case the rewrite_module), I could use the .htaccess file and still see the project.

I hope it'll help someone with the same issue...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.