keep getting "Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header()..."
Posted by: silvers (---.range86-183.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 25, 2010 12:44PM

Hiya,

I am working on a wordpress site. and when i just put it up on the proper server it works fine. but when i take the theme folder and try and to access it through wamp i get the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header()...

the header is there in the folder and it works perfectly on the actual server when i ftp it up so i guess i am doing something wrong with wamp?

could anybody tell me how to resolve this situation please as i really want to use wamp regularly and it's more efficient to work locally than to keep uploading every change and working live.

have i got it wrong? i copied my theme folder in the www folder and then use local host in my browser to get to the main wamp page, then i click on my theme and it shows the error.

is this is the way to do it or am i just being a moron?

thanks in advance for any help!

silvers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: keep getting "Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header()..."
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 25, 2010 08:22PM

You cant just copy your wordpress theme folder in to C:/wamp/www

You'll first need to download and install wordpress (from wordpress.org). Then copy your theme folder into wordpress's theme folder. You will then be able to work on your wordpress theme locally.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2010 02:37AM

Posted by: silvers (---.range86-183.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 26, 2010 01:45PM

cddan, i have already installed wordpress. it's working live on the actual website. i just want to be able to work on it locally with wamp...

you said... "You will then be able to work on your wordpress theme locally." - that is what i am asking you how to do? how do i work on it now? when i put the files in wamp it gives me that error.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2010 10:19PM

you need to setup wordpress on wamp first, then download your theme folder into wordpress/wp-content/themes folder

to setup wordpress on wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.