Connection Speed in WampServer?
Posted by: asimtonito (95.158.138.---)
Date: February 15, 2010 07:39PM

Hi,

I wonder if there is any setting, that may make the connection between the server and browser slower (for example 1Mbit).I need that because of the preloaders I make in Flash which connect to php and receive data and I want to see how they behaivor in a slower connection.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connection Speed in WampServer?
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 08:01PM

If I'm not mistaken you can simulate this behaviou in the Flash IDE. I think you go to View > Download Settings and choose your connection speed you want to simulate. Now go to View > Simulate Download

Date: February 15, 2010 08:13PM

Yes, this helps when you test flash movie which loads files from the local disk, but I send variables to php script and then i wait for recieving others from this php script.That requires the flash swf file is opened in the browser.In the browser I cannot simulate download.

Posted by: TalonTsi90 (---.160.161.66.DED-DSL.fuse.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 05:09AM

So, you want to throttle the connection to simulate a slower one? Like dial-up? the only way i can think of is to do a flow control in your router. I have a Linksys WRT-54G that will allow you to set QoS (Quality of Service) and one of the features on that page is flow control. You can go as low as 256k, or as high as 50M.

If dial-up is the case, i wouldnt worry about it. If anyone complains that they cant access your site, or its too slow cause they are on dial-up, thats their problem. smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2010 04:30PM

i want to to throttle the connection between my local wamp server and my computer.When I open [localhost] I want to download files like from a slow server.I need this because I have preloader that I want see working.because of the very fast connection(may be it is the hard disk connection) provided from the local WampServer my preloader get 100% for no time.I want to see it slower.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 04:31PM by asimtonito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.