wamp wont start....help
Posted by: bjg1016 (---.isp.broadviewnet.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 04:30PM

I downloaded wamp in the fall and it worked great, but my hard drive crashed, so I went back to redownload on new hard drive wamp wont work for me. I downloaded the file like I did before and everything installed fine. I started wamp and opened my bowser, typed "[localhost]; and the page was blank with a "Done" in the status bar. I can't seem to get any php files to open. Can anyone help me? Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp wont start....help
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 08:03PM

Make sure wamp task bar icon is white.

if its not then there is a problem. The most likely cause is you have IIS installed. You should uninstall/disable IIS.

Date: February 15, 2010 08:48PM

I didn't see any IIS running in my services and the icon is white, but every time i go to localhost it displays a blank page. I tried in IE8 and Firefox 3.57

Posted by: mc_teo (---.251.158.131.threembb.ie)
Date: February 15, 2010 11:30PM

Are you using Vista?

Wampserver worked fine for me on Vista for ages, but then an update (to either vista or wampserver) broke it, and I couldnt get the services to start at all.

On XP I had a similar problem until I unistalled IIS (you have to goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Enable/Disable Windows Components -> untick IIS and click Next) and restarted, which did the trick

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2010 11:40PM

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

Also, make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 17, 2010 03:06PM

Solution....
Apache will not run with Skype running because they use the same ports. Thanks everyone for your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.