wampapache is stuck as STARTING
Posted by: ka5880 (82.178.214.---)
Date: January 18, 2010 07:47AM

hello all,
I have been running wampapche for more than two years now for my Intranet Wiki on Windows 2000. All of a sudden the Wiki is not opening. Checking the services list shows that wampapache service is STARTING. On the Service properties tab, it also shows the status as STARTING and all other status (start, stop, pause, resume) are not highlighted, in other words you cannot click on them!

I went to the command prompt and did the following:
c:\ wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin> httpd -k stop (or start, or restart)

I got:
The system cannot find the file specified: No installed service named "Apache2.2".
I used to have TrendMicro (AntiVirus) which used Apache2.2 to run the Anti-Virus Server but now that is uninstalled so I I guess it removed Apache2.2 with it. But the problem was there even before I Apache2.2 was removed! It's confusing me, please help! I need my Wiki pages back!

Thanks

Khalid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampapache is stuck as STARTING
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 18, 2010 09:39PM

You should be able to stop/start Apache from the wamptray icon.

What color is the wamp tray icon? If its red/yellow then it indicates there is an error, most probably due to inference from some other application, such as Skype or IIS etc.

Re: wampapache is stuck as STARTING
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2010 11:49PM

I got:
The system cannot find the file specified: No installed service named "Apache2.2".
I used to have TrendMicro (AntiVirus) which used Apache2.2 to run the Anti-Virus Server but now that is uninstalled so I I guess it removed Apache2.2 with it. But the problem was there even before I Apache2.2 was removed! It's confusing me, please help! I need my Wiki pages back!
probably other firewall/antivirus block wamp and btw, you have to start wampapache, not just apache

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.