php5.dll is missing
Posted by: poseiden79 (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: December 10, 2009 09:21PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this WampServer setup. I came across it while reading up on some further Dreamweaver CS4 configurations. So I got the latest WampServer install package, 2.0i, I think. I installed it according to instructions. Install said it was successfull; however when I go to start the WampServer application I get a message from php-win.exe saying:

"This application has failed to start because the php5.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have tried several times to re-install and every time the php5.dll file will not get installed. Anyone have any ideas what may be happening or how I can fix this?

poseiden79
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php5.dll is missing
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: December 10, 2009 09:33PM

did u just reinstall or download again and install- mosr likely a corrupt installer

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: December 10, 2009 10:09PM

I will try to download and re-install again and then post back. Thanks. Didn't think of doing this yet.

poseiden79

Date: December 10, 2009 10:20PM

Okay, I have tried three more times to download and install the full WampServer 2.0i package. Every time it is the same error about the php5.dll file missing. I don't understand why this file is not being installed with the install of php 5.3.0.

Anyone have any ideas?

poseiden79

Posted by: toumimi (---.111.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: December 10, 2009 10:53PM

Delete or rename any php.ini file which is not in wamp folder.

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: December 10, 2009 11:07PM

I don't want to sound dumb because I am pretty tech savvy, but what do you mean, "Delete or rename any php.ini file which is not in wamp folder."

Am I to take the php.ini file in the php5.3.0 folder and delete this or rename it to something else? Can I get a little more clarification?

poseiden79

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 11:07PM by poseiden79.

Date: December 10, 2009 11:14PM

Maybe your problem is that Apache is not using the right php file.
Often, there is a php.ini file in Windows folder and Apache uses it instead the php file in its directory.
To avoid conflict, I suggest you to delete all php.ini files (you probably don't need it anymore) or to rename them if you don't want to delete. (ex: php_old.ini ).

If there is no other php.ini files other than in Wamp folder, Apache will be forced to use the one in its folder.

Florian

Date: December 10, 2009 11:29PM

Wow, that seemed to work. I renamed every instance of a php.ini file to php.old.ini and the error went away. Thanks tons for the help.

poseiden79

Date: December 10, 2009 11:39PM

You're welcome winking smiley

Florian

Posted by: PenguinMan98 (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 07:08AM

I hate to necro a thread but I need some help.

You said that there was probably 2 php.ini files and to disable one of them by renaming it to php_old.ini. So I did. Now, I had successfully gotten all the prerequesites for Symfony installed and ready but when I renamed the php.ini file (in wamp/bin/php/php5.3.0), suddenly nothing was installed anymore (running check_configuration.php from wamp/www); but the php5.dll missing popup went away as promised.

I tried renaming both to force the server to use the other one, and it reported correctly that everything was installed as before, but then gave me the php5.dll missing popup again when I ran the check_configuration.php. I can't win.

So I put it back so that the server is using the one in the Apache folder and renamed the one in the php5.3.0 folder to php_old.ini. Now the check_configuration tells me that short_open_tag is set to 'On' which is bad. Double checking the php.ini, it is 'Off'. Restarted the server, no change. php_info() says I have xsl installed too but the check_configuration says I don't. I'm at wits end. Please help me sort this all out!

Windows 7: 64 bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 07:11AM by PenguinMan98.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2010 12:18AM

you might misunderstood since toumimi meant to rename/remove any php.ini file outside wamp folder, not those 2 that are inside wamp folder

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 19, 2010 04:57PM

OK, so I put them both back after creating this post. The 'check_configuration.php' script (for installing symfony) says everything is cool except a php accelerator. Close enough for me, I want to get the stupid thing working. So I run the install even though the install scripts complain to high heaven that there is no php5.dll. The install completes successfully. Great! But my server won't start. Still says php5.dll is missing.

Date: February 20, 2010 01:37AM

that script might not compatible w/ php5.3, so suggest you either download add-on older php version or completely uninstall that wamp, download and install wamp2h instead

download wamp here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

to setup wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 20, 2010 05:50AM

I started the whole process 3 days ago. I'm pretty sure I was using the bleeding edge versions of everything.

Date: February 22, 2010 11:07PM

latest wamp version comes w/ php5.3 which is not compatible w/ some php script out there such as joomla... and that's why suggested to download and install older php/wamp version

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Parama (---.subnet118-97-95.static.astinet.telkom.net.id)
Date: July 23, 2012 04:54AM

Dear All,

I installed WAMP 2.2 E x64 version on my Windows Web Server 2008 R2, 12 GB RAM , 3.1 GHz Xeon Quad Core with no problem.
Due to PHP extension problem I found later one (php_curl.dll can not be loaded) I then install and reinstall (2x) XAMPP version 1.7.7. I reinstall using REVO Uninstaller Pro.
After that, when I start WAMP server ( I turn off all XAMPP services first), I always get message php5.dll missing.

I search the whole directory C and D and can not find any php5.dll file. I did backup my fresh installation of WAMP Server 2.2E before doing any configuration settings. I also can not find any php5.dll file there.

So, I am wondering where is this file should be located? Is it the same function as php5ts.dll? This one I can see is there.

I tried to remove/rename the other php.ini file from other folder than wamp folder (xampp folder), as suggested in this thread, but the error is still the same. However, the WAMP server is still working, green color. So, I am wondering if that error is just bug or what.

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Posted by: SubXero (90.158.37.---)
Date: August 20, 2014 10:21AM

If you try to load PHP Phalcon, be careful about the php5 version, on windows7 php compile version and phalcon download file version.

Is php5; TS or NTS?
On Windows 7, is PHP compiled with MSVC9 or MSVC11 or etc. ?
Download the right phalcon zip according to above questions?

This is solved my problem, and got no more php5.dll missing or php_phalcon.dll errors...

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 20, 2014 10:25AM

Hi,

Have you noticed that you answer a thread that dates back more than two years.
The php5.dll dll is not part of the package in php php.net, even for older versions 5.2.x
So this is in no way a problem Wampserver.
Discussion closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.