Error 1067
Posted by: RossIV (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2009 02:14AM

When I start WAMP, it will not go any further than the yellow level in the tray icon. MySQL will not start - Error Code 1067 - The service terminated unexpectedly. Running WAMP 2.0i. What do I do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error 1067
Posted by: RossIV (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2009 08:09PM

Bump.....

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: October 18, 2009 08:24PM

add me to msn and i can help you

stevenmartin99@hotmail.com

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2009 08:53PM

search and delete any my.ini file outside wamp folder, restart wamp winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: ruddcl (---.stream.uz)
Date: October 26, 2010 08:54PM

I just did a reinstall of wamp 20j and now apache service wont start and I get 1067 error. No other copies of my.ini exist outside of wamp. I get the following error log message
Tue Oct 26 22:33:31 2010] [warn] pid file C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.16/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

I did a service uninstall and reinstalled the service but same error message.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 09:14PM

i can give u a test copy of an application im building if you wanna test it it will try find the issue?

so far it only does apache.. not mysql .. will be a week more for a completely finished app.

but should work fine to test this..

Would love to know if it can sort this issue. - if it cant-- ill need more work on it smiling smiley

U are an admin user right?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: ruddcl (---.eutelsat.net)
Date: October 27, 2010 08:00AM

Steven

Yes, I am an admin user. the problem resulted when I was forced to add a prior version of php (5.2.11) to my wamp because my hosting server is still in dark ages using php 5.2. After installing the older version I want to reinstall version 2.0j and found that Apache would not start. I removed the older version of the service and reinstalled the service that comes with 2.0j but I get only 1067 error messages and the log references a PID problem based on a prior improper closure of Apache. The recommendations to remove everything and start over is professionally not acceptable for me. There must be an identifyable problem that can be fixed without this brutal solution of starting over with the installation process. Registry problems or residual files must be having a role in this problem.

Regards,

Charles

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.11.threembb.ie)
Date: October 27, 2010 08:17AM

This is the second time iv heard of issues with the official. 5.2.11 add-on.

I might build this later today to see if helps.

But if u pm me ur email I can send you the lil exe app that will test the apache installed and find the error. Won't be until I get home tho( about 9 hours)

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.11.threembb.ie)
Date: October 27, 2010 08:32AM

This is the second time iv heard of issues with the official. 5.2.11 add-on.

I might build this later today to see if helps.

But if u pm me ur email I can send you the lil exe app that will test the apache installed and find the error. Won't be until I get home tho( about 9 hours)

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: ruddcl (---.eutelsat.net)
Date: October 27, 2010 09:38AM

I was able to duplicate the problem on one of my office workstations.
1. wamp server 2.0j was installed and worked normally except for version of PHP not compatible with hosting server
2. installed addon wamp version with php 5.2.11 and this allowed choice of php version i.e. 5.3.3 or 5.2.11 but with mySQL errors related to library problems resulting from installation of older version on top of latest mySQL version.
3. shut down all services and reinstalled version 2.0j but now apache service does not start and error log gives the following messages after each attempt to start service.
[Wed Oct 27 12:25:38 2010] [warn] pid file C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.16/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Wed Oct 27 12:28:37 2010] [warn] pid file C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.16/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Wed Oct 27 12:29:30 2010] [warn] pid file C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.16/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled service several times but get the same error message.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.