Is there a histing control panel for WAMP server?
Posted by: darker (79.125.167.---)
Date: August 29, 2009 03:09PM

Hi,

I have been using WAMP server for more than 2 years and I am really satisfied with its functionality.

I would like to know, if someone could tell me, whether there is a web hosting control panel that is suitable (and free) for this server.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there a histing control panel for WAMP server?
Posted by: toumimi (---.188.140-88.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: August 30, 2009 07:00PM

If you want to develop a control panel, you're free and encouraged winking smiley
No, Wamp shows a menu with several actions available but does not contain a control panel..
What kind of functionnalities do you think about ?

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: darker (79.125.166.---)
Date: September 13, 2009 05:15PM

Hi, thanks for the answer, it is not encouraging smiling smiley.

What I was looking for was a hosting panel through which I could enable outsiders from my machine to create a hosting account.
I think that a php script could handle it. For example when someone wants to buy a hosting account the php script would automatically create a virtual hosting container, add the domain name in the host file located in windows/system32 / drivers/etc, and add the rules for access to the directory. It would be nice if that script could also do something with a dynamic domain name server which would be also installed on my machine.

Also that script should enable the users to log in their account, see their traffic, upload stuff to the server. I was looking for such hosting panel, but unfortunately there are such hosting panels only for Linux operative systems.

In future I will try to create such panel, I hope that by than I will improve my php skills smiling smiley.

Ace

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2009 05:43PM

there are some, but they already built in older apache, mysql, php and/or phpmyadmin and don't have option for users to integrate into wamp which has latest versions for all scripts/servers, and that's why Florian recommend you to build your own script

actually, it's much simpler than you thought, just make a script that auto create vh for new user and also setup username, password for that new user in both db and ftp, and also location for ftp, and from there you can expand more features/security if you want; the only difficult part is to setup your wamp does NOT restart when creating new vh winking smiley

you can follow this vh guide to get the idea
[blog.jlbn.net]

if you can't write that easy script now, you can check w/ some coding forums for help or if still interested in free panel for win, google for zpanel winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: darker (79.125.165.---)
Date: September 17, 2009 11:07PM

Thanks for the useful information guys, I won't give up on this smiling smiley

Ace

Posted by: Mistraou (---.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: July 21, 2020 09:29PM

Hi,
There is such a control panel with XAMPP...

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2020 10:53PM

Hi Mistraou,

This thread is 11 years old. But thanks for the news

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.