problems with uploading site | built on WAMP5
Posted by: metalball (---.69.41.82.cable.012.net.il)
Date: August 16, 2009 11:09AM

hey all,
i've built a Zen Cart based shop on WAMP5, using Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.2.9-2, MySQL 5.1.33
when i've tried to upload the site to a live host, i found myself dealing with endless bugs, like 403 (Access Denied) error on admin login page, no graphics of any kind at the web index page etc.
after a little search, i found that the versions of the SQL won't fit. the version on GoDaddy host is 5.0.67
so i've started looking for differences between my SQL database and the one i've imported on the host.
and there are differences.
what can i do? whats the easiest solution to overcome the problem?

btw, i've noticed that the versions of MySQL, PHP and Apache given at the WAMP Addons, won't match the hosts versions... why is that?

thanx,
alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 11:11AM by metalball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problems with uploading site | built on WAMP5
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 16, 2009 02:14PM

You don't have to have the same version of Apache, PHP and MySQL as your host.

When you get the 403 forbidden error what where you doing? This error appears to be caused by something you're doing.

You'll have to get in touch with GoDaddy for why you're getting this error.

Date: August 17, 2009 08:36AM

well the admin 403 error is not the only error you know... after installing error log i've seen errors like:

[16-àåâ-2009 01:29:24] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/e/t/metalball/html/includes/languages/hebrew.php:3) in /home/content/m/e/t/metalball/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

and similar on the index page of the site. i believe that the reason is the differences between the SQL versions,
because after reading a bit about the 5.1 vs 5.0 versions at the mysql.com i found that there are differences.

oh, and somehow after uploading the site, the index page won't load because of line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

although running on WAMP everything works...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 08:42AM by metalball.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2009 02:13PM

then check your host if they allow xml, xhtml or related file types

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 17, 2009 06:18PM

ofcourse it does. my host is godaddy, they support everything... after deleting the <?xml?> or putting it in <?php echo <?xml?> ?> it works, but the index page won't show any graphics, no css, no images, only text.
and the admin page goes 403 with additional 404, while all the settings of config files correct

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.