Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
php server to mysql
Posted by: aco (---.cable.ubr09.haye.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 07, 2009 11:24PM

Hi, id like to ask if anyone's had any problems with the php server not being properly hooked up to the mysql database, and what the solutions could be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php server to mysql
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: August 07, 2009 11:32PM

please explain? how do u knwo its not

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: August 07, 2009 11:58PM

Im not too sure, im just trying to learn flex builder at the moment, and i get a connection error #1088 when i try to connect to the database with data wizard. Looked it up in google and saw an adobe guy saying this was due to a php server not being properly hooked up to mysql. Tried making some new databases and same thing happens.

Date: August 08, 2009 12:45AM

goto [localhost]

if it signs in with out error then there is no issue

the wamp tray icon shud be white

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 08, 2009 04:23PM

Date: August 08, 2009 08:47PM

ok its quite strange, i have the new database made with new account, and still same thing. I can test the connection and the app finds the database table names and such. Ive seen some other people saying they had this problem but theres not a single solution that i could find. Could it be to do with the additional features?

Date: August 08, 2009 10:09PM

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 08:24AM by stevenmartin99.

Date: August 09, 2009 02:41AM

ok, please explain further if you could. I exported into a zip file, unzipped, and imported it into a new database i created, but i still get the same problem.

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 09, 2009 11:39AM

What settings are you using to connect flex to MySQL?

Date: August 09, 2009 04:14PM

i wasnt aware of any settings, should i be? I basically make a new php project, then try to create a an application from database through the data wizard as shown in the lynda.com videos. Then when i run the app, its suppose to allow me to search through and edit the database values. The text file encoding is utf-8.

Date: August 09, 2009 04:24PM

Any application that needs to connect to MySQL to needs to know at least 3 things.

The first is the mysql hostname, which is localhost
The secound is your mysql username
The third is your mysql password

If you have not setup a mysql account then you can use the username root and no password.

Date: August 09, 2009 04:58PM

ya, i tried to use root with no password, and when i test the connection its valid, and shows the table names in the database. I also gave it a password, made a new account with a new database ,and it always validated the connection but i just cant run the app. The only difference in the video is that the guy is using an older version of phpmyadmin, so he doesnt get the additional features message, which i cant quite figure out.

Date: August 09, 2009 05:04PM

aco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only difference in the
> video is that the guy is using an older version of
> phpmyadmin, so he doesnt get the additional
> features message, which i cant quite figure out.

Is this video accessible? Or a screenshot of this? Not sure what you're referring to.

Date: August 09, 2009 06:05PM

i found a video which explains the same steps:

[www.youtube.com]

can see someone in the comments referring to the same 1088 error as well.

Posted by: sixlead (---.springcom.com)
Date: September 08, 2009 02:33AM

the 1088 error that is generated while running an application created with the flex data wizard is most likely neither a problem with mysql or xml at all rather it is a poor error message. If you generate an app with the data wizard and select all the defaults you should have a file structure similar to this

webroot/app /->src
/-> bin-debug

in the src file you will find a appConfig.as file, you will need to edit this file to point at the app.php file that resides in bin-debug dir. Once you have done this the application should run fine.

"I will keep my guns, freedom, and money you can keep the change."

Posted by: qmmr (---.compower.pl)
Date: September 08, 2009 07:27PM

Hi, I have the same problem, when I try to load xml from MySQL using Flex3 i'm getting Error#1088. Tried to change the target of the appconfig.as file (using ../bin-debug/app.php) but that causes HTTP error. Could you help me with this problem? Thank you.

Posted by: Jonas357 (---.bredband.comhem.se)
Date: September 14, 2009 10:25PM

Hi,

I am also using the lynda.com exercise files for FLEX / PHP integration and get the same problems.
#1088 meaning bad XML formatting. (Flex 3 essential Training, Chapter 11, "Generating a dynamic Flex/PHP application" )

Looking through the reply, using "Charles", i can see that there are 7 error messages (breaking xml), followed by properly formatted XML with the correct content i was looking for. These errors screw things up though.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:13:03 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.3.0
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.0
Content-Length: 4211
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/xml

<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\XmlSerializer.class.php</b> on line <b>49</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\PEAR.php</b> on line <b>569</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\PEAR.php</b> on line <b>572</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\XML\Parser.php</b> on line <b>1141</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\XML\Unserializer.php</b> on line <b>679</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\XML\Unserializer.php</b> on line <b>681</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in <b>C:\wamp\www\phpProject-debug\PEAR\XML\Unserializer.php</b> on line <b>840</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<response>
<data>

I will try to do what the previous poster said about "appconfig.as".
I have also told Lynda.com about this issue.

Cheers /Jonas

[flashjonas.se]

Posted by: Jonas357 (---.bredband.comhem.se)
Date: September 14, 2009 10:48PM

1. I am obviously connecting to the PHP file, since i get content (allthough malformed).
2. Same error if i call the PHP file directly without flex.
3. Same error if i change the content of "C:\[....]Flex Builder 3\phpProject\src\slidesconfig.as" to point to the exact localhost adress, instead of just relative "Slides.php" (still connecting, and still same error).

Please advice,

Thanks

/Jonas

[flashjonas.se]

Posted by: toumimi (84.6.111.---)
Date: September 14, 2009 11:35PM

Try to use php 5.2.9 from wamp addons page : [www.wampserver.com]

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: qmmr (---.compower.pl)
Date: September 15, 2009 09:26AM

@ toumimi Thx, after installing PHP v. 5.2.9 eveything seems to work like it should.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.