[Solved] Main Menu Warning
Posted by: patvb (---.direcpc.com)
Date: August 01, 2009 08:05AM

I installed Joomla 1.5.13 with Wamp Server on my Windows XP Pro machine, and when I go to [localhost] I get the following error messages:

Main Menu

Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\MySite\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99
Resources

Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\MySite\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99
Key Concepts

Login Form

I don't have a clue how to fix this, but it displays wherever a menu should display on the site. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,
Pat Vanden Bosche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 05:52PM by patvb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Main Menu Warning
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 01, 2009 12:23PM

This is a Joomla issue. Nothing to do with WAMP. You'll have to get support from the joomla developers

Posted by: patvb (---.direcpc.com)
Date: August 02, 2009 05:30PM

I finally found a post on this in the Joomla forums, which said that PHP 5.3 is not compatible with the latest version of Joomla, 1.5.14, and that you have go back to an earlier version, 5.2.x. Once I did that, it is all working fine now. See the following thread in the Joomla.org forum:

[forum.joomla.org]

Hopefully this information may help another Joomla/WAMP novice like myself and save them a few days digging on the internet.

Now I can start digging into development locally! Yippee! Is there a way to mark this as Solved?

Pat Vanden Bosche
www.patvb.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 05:32PM by patvb.

Posted by: toumimi (---.11.115-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: August 02, 2009 05:47PM

You can edit your first post and add [Solved] before your subject...

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Posted by: emergingseo (115.240.19.---)
Date: March 03, 2010 07:08PM

yeah Joomla 1.5 is not compatible with php 5.3. I was also facing same problem, install lower verson of php php 5.2.x.. and run your joola with this version of php. All of your warning will be removed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.