wont import previously exported Mysql file
Posted by: domineaux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: July 17, 2009 04:16AM

Message I get when I try to upload MYSQL I exported when I started having issues with the http.exe crashing of Apache this morning.

The MySql file size = 17,000KB

I changed the settings for upload_max_file, memory,post_size in php.ini and it still does not work.

After I changed the settings and turned off the services and then turned them back on the file size changed next to the import button. indicating it would handle bigger file size for import.

however I still cannot get database to load. It loads part but not all. Also, I don't have the box checked that allows partial import.

-----------------------

I could use some help on this. I'm not very MySql savvy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 04:46AM by domineaux.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wont import previously exported Mysql file
Date: July 17, 2009 04:25PM

I looked at the MySql file with Wordpad. It appears my cache entries in the Mysql may be the issue.

I'm looking for a way to edit the file and remove those cache entries safely. Does anyone know of a tool or something that will do that safety. I think it can be done through the text editor, but I'm not sure of just how much to remove or what not to remove.

Found a coupe of editors for MySql, but they are designed to work with an installed application and MySql dbase. Since I cannot get the database I'm talking about to import I'm thinking .... this no workee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 05:18PM by domineaux.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2009 06:19PM

Date: July 17, 2009 08:15PM

Sorry didn't work... the Mysql is stopping at the cache menu. There are number of large cache entries,which make the mysql file about twice what it should be.

I think I need a way to remove cache entries from the mysql. I'm not sure about the myqlfiles enough to just start deleting cache entries. There maybe calls or referrals to those entries within other tables in the Mysql.

My CMS application is Drupal and there is a module with it that has some rigorous caching provisions.

I moved the site down from webserver and had caching for perfornance enabled.

After improving and adding alot of data items to the site I didn't alter the cache provisions. So when I backup the cache in Mysql was enabled. The site downloaded from webserver was 3MB with cache enabled, now it is appx 17MB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 08:19PM by domineaux.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.