I need some help
Posted by: vonCruxz (---.dialup.ice.net)
Date: July 13, 2009 07:54PM

I have just recently got a hold of Wampserver. I am new to everything concerning websites and was planning on learning how to use Joomla. And Wampserver is supposed to help me with that.

I haven't had any troubles with Wampserver itself, but rather the FTP program I was planning on using. The FTP program is called CoffeeCup Free FTP.

When I try to connect to localhost, the connection is denied. And I can't understand why. The Passwords are correct, and so are the usernames. As far as I can see there is nothing wrong with the login info I have written.

Anyone has any idea on how to help me?

~Ace vonCruxz~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need some help
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 13, 2009 08:20PM

If you have WAMP installed on the same computer you are using. You do not need to use FTP to add files to WAMP. Just place your files in C:/wamp/www

Posted by: vonCruxz (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: July 13, 2009 09:15PM

I know that already. But I still want to have the FTP functioning. Due to several reasons.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 13, 2009 09:56PM

Date: July 14, 2009 07:09PM

Well I have installed the CoffeeCup Free FTP, does that not include all to be able to connect to the Wampserver?

As I said, I am new to this kind of stuff xD

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 14, 2009 07:23PM

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 14, 2009 07:55PM

You maybe better of using fileZilla which is free. However why do you need install setup FTP?

Date: July 15, 2009 09:10AM

Aah. I see.

I want an up and running ftp system, partly because I want to learn how to use it for future needs, and partly because it would make things easier considering my guides I have are making use of ftp programs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.