Multiple Issues
Posted by: Kotorblade1 (---.end1cmtc01.enidok.ok.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: July 13, 2009 06:55AM

Today I upgraded to the latest version of WAMP (For the newest version of PHP). Everything installed fine and looked fine. Localhost, and PHPMyAdmin loads just fine. The problems start when I try to open ANY other .php file in the www folder. For example I'm trying to load test.php by going to [localhost]. The file is there, and all my web browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE8) take around 2 minutes to load the page and it loads completely blank. The process httpd.exe takes 100% of my CPU while the page is loading and shortly after.

There are no errors in the PHP log or the MySQL log, but the Apache log is 311,303KB (This is after the fresh install, the old log was deleted)

All firewalls and antivirus are turned off.

WAMP Version - 2.0
Apache Version - 2.2.11
PHP Version - 5.3.0
MySQL Version - 5.1.36
Windows XP SP3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multiple Issues
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 13, 2009 07:06PM

Kotorblade1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .... but the Apache log is 311,303KB (This is
> after the fresh install, the old log was deleted)
>
Thats 311MB! thats not good. What is in the error log?

Date: July 13, 2009 09:52PM

No clue, I don't have anything that will open something of that size without crashing.

If I delete the log, it remains empty until I try to visit one of my .php files. The file can be as simple as <?php echo "test"; ?> but it will take around 2 minutes to load, the page will be blank, and the log file will be around 300MB again.

Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 14, 2009 07:18PM

Somethings not right there. Uninstall WAMP delete all files left over in C:/wamp. Reinstall wamp again.

Date: July 14, 2009 11:56PM

I found the problem. I had a script that used readdir() and worked fine with PHP 5.2.6, but returned a warning with 5.3.0, except it infinite looped the error to the log file. I have no idea why that would affect other scripts, but oh well, at least it's fixed and I don't have to worry about 300mb error logs anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.