I cannot get services to start.
Posted by: domineaux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: July 11, 2009 07:22AM

I think I messed up.

I put a memory stick in the USB port and installed the WAMP 2.0h on it. It didn't work, but the worst part is somehow I think it corrupted my C:\WAMP install on my computer.

I cannot get services to start. I did a complete Shutdown and came back up, still it services won't start.

Is there a clean up procedure or something I can use. I've got several complete site installs on the WAMP I'm working on. Months of work. I have backups, but I've still got to get the WAMP working in any case.

I tried a new install over the old one, and still no go. The old WAMP was 2.0f and the new 2.0h

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I cannot get services to start.
Posted by: krillinovodja (---.static.sbb.rs)
Date: July 11, 2009 12:53PM

i have same problem too

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 11, 2009 03:58PM

no matter if you guys used Florian's patch or not, my best guess is you've removed wamp services and it seems the only option you can do is completely uninstall wamp, remove wamp folder, restart pc, reinstall wamp

however, before doing so, make sure to backup your works, check this guide to get idea what you need to backup, and should follow this guide after reinstall wamp successful in order to avoid regret accident like this next time winking smiley
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: July 11, 2009 05:10PM

I got the wamp working... not sure what I did.

I now cannot get phpadmin to see the Mysql files associated with the localhost sites.

My backup was screwed I forgot about backing up the Mysql files, so they are still intact within the original install of wamp.

Is there a way I can point to the Mysql files for all the different localhost sites I have within the WWW folder?

Date: July 11, 2009 05:19PM

I can see the Mysql in the WAMP bin file, but I am not sure if I Can IMPORT via PHPMYADMIN from the below named location. I have tried to select all the files in the folders, but Vista OS will not let me select them all for import.

C:\WAMP\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.30\data\ - The folders and files from all the websites appear to be in this folder.

I really love the WAMP, a great tool. I never have a problem with it. Any issues I ever have ALL are the result of my doing.

Again, the data appears to all be intact in the above folder. I've just gotta know a way to access all the mysql files.

WHen I do phpadmin. I cannot see the above folder or any of the data. I cannot find a way to point to it to access the data either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 07:45PM by domineaux.

Date: July 11, 2009 07:58PM

I think I fixed it.

I found the MYSQL.INI file.

WHen I installed the 2.0h version over the 2.0f version I got a different MySql version. During the install it would appear the MySql.ini file was changed to the newest version of Mysql... 5.0.30 to 5.0.33

I changed the Mysql mentioned in the ini file to the previous version of Mysql, where my data was showing up in the previously mentioned folder.

Then I reinstalled Mysql, pointers in the ini file and restarted the Mysql. Voila! the mysql data files were in the phpadmin when I ran localhost, and the sites rendered as they should.

So... I gather when you install a newer version of the WAMP you need to make some changes in the previous version of WAMP to accomodate the updated server applications.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 08:01PM by domineaux.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.