How to set CHMOD 777 to some files to allow an script to write inside them when using a WAMP environment?
Posted by: GammX1 (---.Red-79-145-156.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: June 18, 2009 10:19PM

Hi All,
How to set CHMOD 777 or full writing permissions to some files, knowing that WAMP is a windows environment?.
The target is to allow an script to write inside them.

Now It is not allowed to change files from CHMOD 666 to CHMOD 777 as should be with Linux/Apache/MySQL/PhP5...
How can I set this in Windows /WAMP?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Rgrds,
GammX1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to set CHMOD 777 to some files to allow an script to write inside them when using a WAMP environment?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2009 10:50PM

no chmod in win, so just change file/folder property to not read only winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: How to set CHMOD 777 to some files to allow an script to write inside them when using a WAMP environment?
Date: June 18, 2009 11:13PM

Thanks for your help but, does not work I already tested before with no results (still some folder and files remain as read only even if each one is unmarked manually)...
I tryed to change Dir Properties /SecurityTab permissions but I can not get the mentioned result.

May be explaining better some one of you should be able to help me:

- I have build a Joomla! site inside WAMP
- I have installed a component that use an script that needs to write inside different files to have it working correctly, but still saying for each file: : The file could not be opened. Please edit it manually if possible to have it working correctly.

Thanks again for your help,
Rgrds,
GammX1

Date: June 18, 2009 11:31PM

post or pm me the link for that component and I will check it out for you since I have no problem at all even file/folder always have checks on Read only

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 18, 2009 11:55PM

Thanks yfastud,

I am waiting the answer from the component (for Joomla! 1.5.10) creator where I asked them parallely to re-check it functinality.

I you are already using Joomla 1.5.10 I should PM you about this component. Please, confirm.

Waiting your comments,

GammX1

Date: June 19, 2009 12:02AM

if you pm me, I will install both 1.5.10 and 1.5.11 to try it and let you know winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 19, 2009 12:15AM

already installed both winking smiley
btw, what does that component do?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: June 19, 2009 12:53AM

I am sending you now a PM you with all the info.
Rgrds,
GammX1

Posted by: showstopper (---.tstt.net.tt)
Date: June 19, 2009 07:09AM

i u want u can use filezilla to set the file permissions in windows

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.