Transfering Local Joomla Site to Remote Server (web host)!
Posted by: ceuley (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 17, 2009 09:00PM

Hey All,

I need some quick assistance on transfering my local files for my Joomla site on C: drive to a remote server. I've created a database username etc...But I want all my hard work that I created on my local drive to be able to transfer to the webhost. Any ideas? Please help!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Transfering Local Joomla Site to Remote Server (web host)!
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 17, 2009 09:56PM

You'll firspload all files for your joomla site to your website via FTP.

Then using phpmyadmin you'll perform a database backup by clicking the export tab.

Now select your Joomla database from the export list. Scroll to the bottom of the page click Save as file checkbox. FInally click Go, save the file to your desktop.

Your host should provide phpmyadmin for managing your sites databases. Ask you host how to access phpmyadmin.

Once you are logged into phpmyadmin you can click the import tab. Select your file from the desktop and your database for Joomla will be setup.

You'll now need to modify Joomla's configuration file to that of your websites mysql credentials. Your webhost should of given you the username/password for connection to mysql.

Re: Transfering Local Joomla Site to Remote Server (web host)!
Posted by: ceuley (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 17, 2009 10:40PM

Thanks for the reply. Assuming that once I do this I'll have to install all my modules and plug-in's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.