What About Wordpress?
Posted by: pdelay (69.87.52.---)
Date: March 05, 2009 08:33PM

How would I go about installing WordPress (2.7) in WampServer on Windows XP. Please keep in mind that I am very new to this whole Apache, PHP, and MySQL. So being very direct and descriptive would be helpful, or pointing me to some online step-by-step instuctions would also be appreciated. I am very familar with several other programming languages and developing within the .NET environment, so I am just branching out into a new direction.

Thank you in advance for any time and effort in assisting me in this matter.

Phillip R. Delay
Programmer
DataTree

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What About Wordpress?
Posted by: c2dan (---.sotn.cable.ntl.com)
Date: March 05, 2009 08:46PM

All you need to do is download wordpress extract to C:\wamp\www

Open phpMyAdmin and create a database called wordpress (or whatever you want to call your database for wordpress). Now go to [localhost] (and navigate to where you extracted wordpress to).

Follow then onscreen instructions for installing Wordpress. All the hard stuff is handled by wordpress

Date: March 05, 2009 08:59PM

Thank you very much. I knew it had to be something simple, but couldn't find any directions.

Date: March 06, 2009 06:26PM

c2dan,

Thank you so much for your assistance. Your directions were spot on. I was up and running in less than 10 minutes after reading your reply. I have been playing and building with WordPress ever since. This WampServer is an amazing product, and having the controls so centrally located is brilliant!!!

Again, thanks for your help.

Phil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.