apache not showing in list/stopped working
Posted by: LPent (88.251.228.---)
Date: February 24, 2009 01:40PM

I have been using 2.0f on vista x64 for a few months without problems. Recently I needed to reinstall it because I messed up my configuration. I removed WAMP completely and reinstalled it after a reboot.
First thing I noticed, that the apache version (2.2.11) is not showing in the version-menu.
But it seemed to work anyway, so I went and installed the php 4.4.9 add-on and the apache 1.3.39 add-on.
Next I switched to php 4.4.9 and apache 1.3.39 and then I keep getting the error "apache.exe stopped working". the apache 2.2.11 version is still not showing in the version-menu, so I cannot switch back.
I again removed wamp-server completely and reinstalled it a second time, still getting the same errors.

I do not have IIS running and port 80 is free.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: apache not showing in list/stopped working
Posted by: LPent (---.241-65071.ttnet.net.tr)
Date: February 24, 2009 05:05PM

Additional information:
I tried installing the 2.2.11 add-on but it still did not show up in the version-menu. So I tried installing 2.2.10, and that one does show up.
The problem is ofcourse, that when I switch to another apache version, I cannot switch back to 2.2.11. Any ideas why the installs do not add this version to the version-menu? And could I manually add it to wampmanager.ini? (if so, how?)

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:40PM

did you run regedit to search and delete registries wampapache and wampmysql before reinstall?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: LPent (88.236.74.---)
Date: February 25, 2009 10:03AM

I didn't, so I tried that. Uninstalled Wampserver again, checked the registry, rebooted and reinstalled it again. No luck...same problem.

Posted by: c2dan (---.sotn.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 25, 2009 08:04PM

The problem is Apache2.2.11 doesn't come with a wampserver.conf file (latest WAMP distribution). The menu you see when you click the WAMP tray icon is produced by a script called refresh.php

At the end of the script it searches for currently installed Apache installations. It fails to add Apache2.2.11 to the menu as it cannot find the wampserver.conf file.

TO sort it create a new file called wampserver.conf in C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.11 with the following

<?php

$apacheConf['apacheExeDir'] = 'bin';
$apacheConf['apacheConfDir'] = 'conf';
$apacheConf['apacheExeFile'] = 'httpd.exe';
$apacheConf['apacheConfFile'] = 'httpd.conf';
$apacheConf['apacheServiceInstallParams'] = '-n wampapache -k install';
$apacheConf['apacheServiceRemoveParams'] = '-n wampapache -k uninstall';

?>

Now right click the WAMP tray icon and select Refresh from the menu. Apache2.2.11 should now be present via the Apache > Version menu

Posted by: LPent (88.236.74.---)
Date: February 25, 2009 08:59PM

Yes! thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.