drupal 6.9 on Wamp 2 installation info
Posted by: domineaux1 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2009 05:55PM

I am doing a new intall of Drupal 6.9 and I'd like to install on Wamp2 is there a document floating around that explains the process well?

There is information, but most of it is dated.

Re: drupal 6.9 on Wamp 2 installation info
Posted by: c2dan (---.sotn.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 19, 2009 07:25PM

Just extract the contents of the tar.gz file to C:\wamp\www\drupal (to be able to extract files from tar.gz files you'll need install untar or winrar)

Next left click WAMPs tray icon and select phpMyAdmin. In the Create Database box type in drupal Click ok. Now go to [localhost]

Follow the on screen instructions. When it asks for your database details enter root as the username (leave password blank) and type drupal as the database name.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2009 07:59PM

it's not recommended to use user root for everything but you should create new db for each new php script/app

to setup db, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: domineaux1 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2009 08:13PM

As I recall, when I previously used the Wamp I just stacked directories for sites under WWW and built separate MySql databases for each. I had a separate Drupal installation for each folder of course, but I was able to use the same server applications across all the installs.

Not that it made that much difference actually. It just made it simpler to work with the sties that way. Also, I just moved the respective folders up to the webserve with the complete folder.

Has that changed?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.