Email issues help
Posted by: yawasare (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: February 17, 2009 05:19PM

Could not instantiate mail function.
EMAIL_NOT_SENT
when i try to send email within joomla site
it give me this Could not instantiate mail function.
EMAIL_NOT_SENT

YAW ASARE

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Email issues help
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 17, 2009 05:23PM

Date: February 17, 2009 05:37PM

ok

YAW ASARE

Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: February 17, 2009 07:26PM

you can download a email server at [www.hmailserver.com]

Date: February 18, 2009 07:03AM

how do use this?

YAW ASARE

Posted by: baijianpeng (123.174.53.---)
Date: April 21, 2016 01:40PM

Why not add email server and FTP server to Wampserver ?

I always need these service when I testing my Joomla website on localhost server.

Could you please add them?

Thank you.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2016 02:00PM

You can download a FTP Server from FileZilla

The more complex we make the content of the installation, the larger the installer gets, and the more software, NOT OUR SOFTWARE, people expect us to support.

People then expect us to produce updates and addons when these other tools are updated.

All these things are easily obtainable, normally for free, from the producers or these tools.

If you ( the WAMPServer user ) get these tools from where they are easily available, possibly we (The WAMPServer team) will be able to focus on making WAMPServer as good as we can rather than supporting software we do not write and have no control over.

As it is it would appear that people think we write Apache and MYSQL and PHP, as when any little thing that goes wrong it brings them to our door for help, rather than learning themselves how to use these complex applications and going to the Apache/MYSQL/PHP site to learn about and solve there own issues, normally caused because they have not made any attempt to learn how to use/configure them for themselves.

In short, I do not think we will be adding an FTP server or Client in the near future, or a mail server come to that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 21, 2016 03:23PM

If no email server, is it possible to send out email for user registration confirmation?

I choose "PHP Mailer" in Joomla on WAMPserver 3, but it says:

Could not instantiate mail function

Date: April 21, 2016 03:45PM

You do not need a local mail server if you are using phpMailer, but you do need a valid account on a mail server somewhere like yahoo/google etc etc and you need to configure Joomla correctly so it know about this account.

See what I mean, phpMailer is not part of WAMPServer, Joomla is not part of WAMPServer but people (you) still expect us to remotely debug your PHP code.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 21, 2016 04:22PM

understand now.

Thank you.

But if I use XAMPP, it will contain a FTP server and an Email server. So I can easily configure them to offer FTP and Email service to test Joomla extensions.

You know that those FTP server and Email server are not products of XAMPP team either, but why XAMPP guys can include them without fear of people asking support from them?

In fact, people know they are SOMEONE ELSE's products. We just hope you can "pack them up in a single installer" so it will be more easier for us to build a localhost testing environment.

Thank you.

Date: April 21, 2016 04:35PM

You are free to use XAMPP, remember this software (WAMPServer) is free and WE do not get paid for the support we offer, or building, warehousing, writing, maintaining it.

XAMPP is great, but does not offer the ability to switch easily between versions of APache/MYSQL/PHP like WAMPServer does. I have used both and I personally prefer WAMPServer for that reason.

I of course had to learn how to use FileZilla Server & hMailserver, but now it provides me with all the functionality of a full email server that I have Total control over, rather than the rather simple and limited `sendmail` that comes with XAMPP.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2016 06:26PM

Hi,

Wampserver has and will have in the future: Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, Adminer and phpsysinfo ; that's all.
For Adminer and phpsysinfo as long as they remain consistent with the changes in versions of PHP.
There will be nothing else. No mail server or FTP server. It is like that and it will remain so.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.