Error 1577 "Cannot proceed because system table used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start"
Posted by: timp (---.knowba324.adsl.metronet.co.uk)
Date: January 20, 2009 03:58PM

I'm quite new to using WampServer, I have downloaded and installed the latest version (MySQL 5.1.30, PHP 5.2.8 and Apache 2.2.11).

Everything seemed to be working fine, MySQL running OK, Apache doing it's stuff, until I attempted to run:

CREATE EVENT IF NOT EXISTS ev_Check_Processing_Queue
ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 HOUR -- 10 Minute -- 1 DAY
DO
BEGIN -- event DO
blah, blah, blah...

I then received an error 1577 "Cannot proceed because system table used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start"

I have found a couple of related topics on this forum but the fix does not seem to be relevant.

I have attempted to run the "mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql" script but I received a series of Duplicate column name and duplicate key name errors, almost as if the script had already been run.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error 1577 "Cannot proceed because system table used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start"
Posted by: mosu (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: January 20, 2009 09:11PM

i have the same problem who can help us ? :|

Re: Error 1577 "Cannot proceed because system table used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start"
Posted by: mosu (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: January 20, 2009 09:34PM

i fix the problem with this -> [forum.wampserver.com] <- thank god

i just downloaded and copy and paste and finish that save me from this error i hope it will help you too

Posted by: timp (---.knowba324.adsl.metronet.co.uk)
Date: January 23, 2009 10:00AM

mosu

You are THE man, I finally got round to trying your fix and it all seems to be sorted.

Thanks very much

Posted by: aruntechguy (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 06:18AM

There is an easy fix for this problem.

1. Change to mysql bin folder and type :

> mysql_upgrade -u yourusername -p

2. restart mysql server

your problem should be fixed by now.

Let me know if this works, because I am using this fix in CentOS. I loaded CentOS in VMWare and using inside my Windows. It is pretty fast and easy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.