Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WAMPSERVER - offline (always)
Posted by: NancyHT (---.ded.execulink.com)
Date: March 26, 2012 03:12PM

Funny I have the opposite problem - can't make it go OFFLINE.

I have my router set up with a port so others can see my server. However I'd like to control that access.

I can toggle the "online/offline" state but it never seems to make any difference. It's always online and I never see the black lock icon. Maybe I don't understand what it means or have my Deny/Allow config set right:

I have:

# onlineoffline tag - don't remove
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
# Deny from all
# Allow from 127.0.0.1

If I use Deny from all, allow from 127.0.0.1 then only I can access - great. But there are times when I want to permit access to certain remote IP addresses - do I have to edit the file each time I want to do so, or change my router settings? Isn't this what the online/offline toggle does?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: August 16, 2012 05:26PM

Nancy,

The answer is YES you have to edit the httpd.conf file every time to be as specific as you say you want to be.

You can do this by the way.

# onlineoffline tag - don't remove
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 101.101.101.101 # to allow a specific ip
Allow from 192.168.0 # to allow a whole subnet i.e. 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255

Apache will process any number of "Allow" statements

Of course once you do this you basically negate the Online Offline fuctionality.

Another option would be to create Virtual Hosts for each site you are maintaining and then within the VHost definition you can add site specific access. In other words you put the "Order" and "Allow" statements within the vhost definition.
This way you can leave WAMP Offline and allow access to individual development independently of each other. These access configurations would not be controlled/effected by the wamp Online/Offline function if you put the sites in a directory NOT in the wamp/www/site folder structure
eg
c:\websrc\site1
c:\websre\site2

Hope this gives food for thought.

Posted by: giovannipds (---.156.38.49.dynamic.adsl.gvt.net.br)
Date: December 04, 2012 05:05PM

Thanks yfastud, your comments helped me to solve the problem, I just needed to uninstall the IIS and voilá. Ah, and just for the record, I was using Windows 8, if someone else will have the same problem using this OS.

Posted by: abhijit (---.live.vodafone.in)
Date: March 26, 2014 07:01PM

Thanks Sir...your guide really solved my issue.

Posted by: arosha007 (---.slt.lk)
Date: October 05, 2014 04:45PM

Tried all but at last i figured it out.
Follow below steps:
1. Go to -> start -> run and type services.msc
2. Search service called wampapache
3. Right click on the service -> in the general tab change the Startup Type from disable to automatic then apply and ok
4. Search service called wampmysqld and repeat step 3
5. Left click on the wampserver tray icon and click Restart all services

This will only work if the wamp services was all ready disabled from the services.

Posted by: hitesh (---.64.168.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: August 04, 2015 07:58AM

Go to Start, type in services.msc
Scroll down in the Services window to find the wamp services change it to disabled mode to manual and start service

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.