wamp server is not working anymore
Posted by: kree8or (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 29, 2008 12:30AM

Hi, My WAMP server was working fine. I havnt used it for a couple of days, then all of a sudden it stopped working with this error message:
Could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] Could not perform service action. The service has not been started.

So, I uninstalled it, deleted the c:/wamp folder, Re-booted and downloaded a fresh copy of wampserver (i even donated), Re-installed and I get the same error message.
The icon goes from red to orange and doesnt turn to green.
Hope you can help me out!
Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp server is not working anymore
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 29, 2008 02:45AM

if yellow means only 1 service running, most likely apache is not running, so make sure you dont' have anything in this list: IIS, Skype, Zone Alarm, NOD32, Eset, Internet Optimizer, Google Accelerator, any other database server, any other webserver?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: kree8or (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 29, 2008 07:59AM

Hi,
I have none of those things running, I shut down zone alarm and it still wont work. The only change I've made recently is that I installed IE8 beta.

Date: January 04, 2009 04:11AM

temp disable/sgut down za won't help; you have to uninstall both wamp and za then reinstall wamp before za

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: ceycey154 (193.140.9.---)
Date: January 05, 2009 05:55PM

Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for trying to helping us, I have a problem as well similar to this so I am writing here. Could you please help me to sort it out.
I just installed to the recentrly formatted Laptop and trying to run server but I couldn't it says

<< Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action>>.

Previously I have been installed 3-4 different laptops and desktops but non of them gives this stupid answer. What is going on .... I do not understood.

Please help me to sort it out this problem a.s.a.p. Thanks for your help and advise.....

Posted by: ceycey154 (193.140.9.---)
Date: January 05, 2009 05:58PM

<< Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action>>
when I am trying to put server Online it gives this answers. Normally server is off line.

Posted by: darri (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: February 01, 2009 04:59PM

Yep I had exactly the same problem. I was running WAMP5 perfectly, then installed IE8 (RC1) and restarted my machine. I started WAMP5 and it only goes as far as the yellow stage, without generating any obvious errors. Not running any of the programs on the list given by yfastud. I've had a similar problem in the past immediately afterI installing Skype, so it seems IE8 is interfering with WAMP in some way. Any ideas?

Date: February 02, 2009 03:29AM

I has wamp run perfectly w/o any problem on win 7 which comes w/ ie8 by default, so the only thing I can think of is your win is switched to auto update and block custom exceptions when manually install ie8 ;-( so you might want to check firewall

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: aliflashback (---.218.250.43-static.tedata.net)
Date: July 02, 2009 02:30PM

The same problem happened to me today.. I landed here after searching the forum about this issue to solve it ASAP.

So Im sharing how I fixed this and I hope this would be helpful for you guys.

The Problem:-

Using WAMP 2.0h
Win XP - Service Pack III

WAMP starts .. The WAMP icon goes red then Yellow then Stops

Obviously, the Apache server doesn't load automatically and even if you try manually. most of the time you will get the error message [ Could not perform service action ].

The Solution:-

After Reading windows event log I found that the Apache service crash due to an Alias Directory Problem (tonight I moved hosted files from my PC to an external drive).

All what you have to do is the following:

Click the WAMP icon -> Apache -> Alias Directories -> Then click on Edit Alias for each and every directory you may have moved during recent cut/paste you did. and update the Alias path.

You're done.

Everything should get back to normal.

Have Fun....Developing...

Ali A Abdullah

[www.aliabdullah.com]

Posted by: Rani (---.fastlinkdata.jo)
Date: April 10, 2010 04:43PM

Hi, I had the same problem, I use skype and Eset Nod32, I shutdown Skype and restarted all services in WAMP and it worked, but I have to say this is annoying that I can't use skype, I'm developing a website with some friends who live far away and we use Skype to communicate all the time!

After I restarted WAMP I started skype, WAMP seems to be working fine so far, I hope this doesn't cause a problem.

Thankx

Date: April 10, 2010 06:00PM

if using skype, open skype > tools > options > connections > advanced > untick "use port 80 ..." then restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: sokson (41.198.201.---)
Date: October 18, 2011 05:01PM

I am having the same issue, non of those programs are running on my server, and i haven't cut or copy anything since i installed wamp.

I even checked the alias directories to make sure the paths are correct. My wamp is still not turning green, what do I do?

Posted by: LouisF (---.telkom-ipnet.co.za)
Date: January 04, 2012 12:54PM

Just check that your path to root folder for www is still correct. I accidentally moved my www directory and this caused apache to fail. Restored the directory and all is good!

Date: January 05, 2012 01:09AM

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Microsoft Web Deploy, Web Deployment Agent Service, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or Apache, MySQL, PHP outside wamp folder (ie. in Program Files or System32 folder) ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: manish18291 (122.252.224.---)
Date: May 26, 2013 06:37AM

This is the best answer if your wamp server not running then you shoul change your driver you should intalle
it in other driver except of c means change your driver.
2.If you are having a problem yet then you shoul check your uac user account controll setting you will get it
go to controll panel type uac in search bar click on uac an set your setting always notfy me and reboot your
computer then your wamp server will defenately work.if not work then you can mail me my mail address is
manish18291@gmail.com thanks for reading.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.