Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Unable to connect to WAMP server
Posted by: preyas (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: June 01, 2010 05:50AM

Removed MySQL and Apache from a prior installation, uninstalled Skype, Disabled IIS, Wampserver icon is white (neither yellow, nor red, nor with the black locked icon).

When I go to [localhost] - I get the infamous Firefox message "Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost"

0.0.0.0:80 LISTENING 2152 (wampapache)
0.0.0.0:3306 LISTENING 6712 (wampmysqld)

How do I check whether PHP is running/enabled? When I open the PHP error log - the file does not exist so a new one is created.

Any support appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 01, 2010 05:50AM

Removed MySQL and Apache from a prior installation, uninstalled Skype, Disabled IIS, Wampserver icon is white (neither yellow, nor red, nor with the black locked icon).

When I go to [localhost] - I get the infamous Firefox message "Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost"

0.0.0.0:80 LISTENING 2152 (wampapache)
0.0.0.0:3306 LISTENING 6712 (wampmysqld)

How do I check whether PHP is running/enabled? When I open the PHP error log - the file does not exist so a new one is created.

Any support appreciated.

Date: June 01, 2010 02:03PM

Found an issue with my hosts file. It did not have an entry for 127.0.0.1 localhosts! Added it and seems like its working!

Posted by: flashmatrix (---.range86-134.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 01, 2010 02:48PM

how did you do that, I may be having the same problem ?

preyas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Removed MySQL and Apache from a prior
> installation, uninstalled Skype, Disabled IIS,
> Wampserver icon is white (neither yellow, nor red,
> nor with the black locked icon).
>
> When I go to [localhost] - I get the infamous
> Firefox message "Unable to connect Firefox can't
> establish a connection to the server at
> localhost"
>
> 0.0.0.0:80 LISTENING 2152
> (wampapache)
> 0.0.0.0:3306 LISTENING 6712
> (wampmysqld)
>
> How do I check whether PHP is running/enabled?
> When I open the PHP error log - the file does not
> exist so a new one is created.
>
> Any support appreciated.

Posted by: jucebone (---.telkom-ipnet.co.za)
Date: September 21, 2011 02:20PM

Cannot find any :80 associated with 127.0.0.1
do not seem to have MS IIS
Have disassociated Skype with Port 80
Have reinstalled wampserver
Still cannot access "localhost"

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2011 02:17AM

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Microsoft Web Deploy, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or Apache, MySQL, PHP outside wamp folder (ie. in Program Files or System32 folder) ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mdsuhail (---.51.11-broadband.acttv.in)
Date: April 02, 2014 02:12PM

i have instaled wamp in my windows 7 ultimate. and the wamp server is green when go to localhost its take me to the apache page and the reloade the page it shows unble to connect to localhost in mozila fire fox. is there any one to help me with this.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 02, 2014 02:15PM

Whe you say when go to localhost its take me to the apache page Do you mean the WAMPServer home page?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: tyson (---.live.vodafone.in)
Date: April 29, 2014 10:45AM

i installed wamp 2.4
>when i click localhost on the wamp icon it shows "It works!"
>but i dint find any of the projects which i saved in www folder
>when i click phpmyadmin in the icon it shows "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost." > the icon is in red color
please helpme

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 29, 2014 12:32PM

If the web page shows the words 'It Works" then you have got another Apache installed somewhere on your system.
I assume you tried to install all the parts manually before finding WAMPServer.

Uninstall that other version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: SankarWamp (---.sify.net)
Date: July 31, 2014 11:09AM

I installed wamp 2.0i in my windows XP. I couldn't open localhost

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 31, 2014 11:16AM

What colour is the wampmanager icon>

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one of the services ( Apache(wampapache)/MySQL(wampmysqld) ) has not started properly.

How to tell which service is not running if the wampmanager icon is orange.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then Apache IS NOT running.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> MySQL -> Service
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then MySQL IS NOT running.

If Apache is the service that is not running it is normally, but not always, because something else has captured port 80.

Now do,
Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service -> Test port 80
This will launch a command window and display some information about what, if anything is using port 80.

Whatever it is should be re-configured to not use port 80 or uninstalled if you are not using it.

If port 80 is not the problem look for errors in the appropriate error log ( use the wamp manager menus to view the error logs )

If these do not exists or show no errors then also check the Windows Event Viewer
Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
And look in the 'Windows Logs' -> Application' section accessed from the menu on the left of the dialog for error messages from Apache and or MySQL.

How to Configure SKYPE so it does not require port 80 or 443
( This does not appear to be necessary on recent versions i.e. after march 2014 )

Run SKYPE
then using the menus do this:
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection
Un-Check the checkbox next to 'Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incomming connections'
Now restart SKYPE for these changes to take effect.

If you are running Windows 8 SKYPE comes as an app and this cannot ( as yet ) be configured in this way.
However if you uninstall the SKYPE app and install SKYPE in the old way, you can reconfigure it, and it works just as well.

How to Configure Team Viewer so it does not require port 80 or 443
Run TV
Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Press the Advanced Button -> Advanced Network Connections
Check the checkbox saying [ Dont use incomming port 80 (recommended for web servers only )

If the problem is not obvious then post the errors here

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.