[Windows Server 2003 SP1] The page cannot be found
Posted by: karl3iwamp (193.49.124.---)
Date: July 03, 2008 10:25AM

Hello all,

I've just installed Wampserver on Windows Server 2003 SP1. The install went fine and the tooltip says "server online".

Yet, when I surf to [localhost], I get following (Internet Explorer):

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:
Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical Information (for support personnel)
Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Or, this (Firefox):

Under Construction
The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.
Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.
If you are the Web site administrator and feel you have received this message in error, please see "Enabling and Disabling Dynamic Content" in IIS Help.
To access IIS Help

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open text box, type inetmgr. IIS Manager appears.
3. From the Help menu, click Help Topics.
4. Click Internet Information Services.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Karl3i.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [Windows Server 2003 SP1] The page cannot be found
Posted by: cleary1981 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 03, 2008 11:29AM

I just had the same problem. Wamp is trying to use port 80 which is already being used. To get round this you locate the httpd.conf file and look for the line

listen 80

change this to

listen 8080

this means that wamp is now using port 8080 instead. you can then browse [localhost]

Thats as far as I have got.

I have found the forum below quite useful, especially the php part. Very quick responses

[www.phpfreaks.com]

Posted by: karl3iwamp (193.49.124.---)
Date: July 03, 2008 11:40AM

cleary1981, thanks for your answer: that worked just fine.
Thanks also for the phpfreaks link: I'll have a look at that.

Happy PHPing,

karl3i.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 03, 2008 03:36PM

Using different port to find out if port 80 is being used by different application is a good idea; then, you should find out and close the application that occupies that port so you can use your webserver along w/ some other features using different ports such as ftp, ssl, webdav, so on

From your error, it looks like you have IIS. IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and both use port 80, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.