problem creating mysql db
Posted by: syndustry (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 23, 2008 09:26PM

hi, I'm very new to wamp...as in today. I was trying to follow the instructions found here [help.joomla.org] and the preinstallation check from joomla says I have no support for mysql. I downloaded a bunch of mysql addons and currently have versions 4.1.20 , 5.0.51a and 5.0.51b installed. regardless of which one I have activated joomla keeps saying there's no mysql support. I thought it might have been joomla so I downloaded wordpress and tried to install it the same way I tried for joomla and had the same error.

If I proceed and ignore the error message to the first step of installation I enter the information as instructed and click next. A message pops-up saying "Are you sure these settings are correct?
Joomla! will now attempt to populate a Database with the settings you have supplied" Then when proceeding to step 2 I just get a blank page. nothing at al not even an error message, which makes me think something won't let it create a database.

I'm running windows vista SP1. I'm running wamp in compatibility mode with windows xp sp2 as an admin.

I'm really just a graphics guy so I'm not qualified to do this...but I'm stuck doing it anyway....so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
nick

Re: problem creating mysql db
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 23, 2008 11:04PM

Re: problem creating mysql db
Posted by: syndustry (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2008 04:42PM

hey thanks I really appreciate your help. It turns out I had PHP installed on my computer still, so I just had to delete it and re-install wamp....it works perfectly now...thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.