Unable to start MySQL (WinXP Media Center Edition SP 2)
Posted by: Neal (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 15, 2008 12:20AM

Greetings,

I apologize for making another post on this issue, but the older posts I found through search didn't solve my problem.

I am running WinXP Media Center Edition with SP 2.

After a fresh install of WampServer 2.0c, MySql doesn't start. The tray icon stays in yellow. If I click the "Start/Resume Service" button in the MySQL>Service menu, nothing happens.

Apache is running. I can reach my Localhost page, but can not access phpMyAdmin.

I have port 3306 TCP open and made an exception for mysqld-nt.exe in Windows Firewall. [img179.imageshack.us]

This is my netstat -a: [img366.imageshack.us]

There is no mysql.log file in the logs folder. I have created a mysql.log file, but it remains empty even after I try to start the service.

In the my.ini file, I have tried switching the default-storage-engine from INNODB to MyISAM, but it doesn't seem to help.

I would be grateful for any useful advise on this problem. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to start MySQL (WinXP Media Center Edition SP 2)
Posted by: unleashed666 (---.range86-133.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 16, 2008 08:31PM

This has just happened to me as well today, was working fine yesterday. im running on xp pro and havent installed/ updated anything so it s really bugging me now. ive compared against a backup copy of the wamp folder and everything is the same - even the settings.

is there anyone here thats had this problem and fixed it?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2008 11:30PM

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.34-85-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: June 17, 2008 08:00AM

as a test try mysql on port 3307. chnage it in the my.ini its written 3times in it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.